Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a1 waste

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

I rang today and heard (as Try1ng said) a different voicemail message. It starts with "Due To Circumstances Beyond Our Control" and finishes with "We Appologise For Any Inconvenience". That sounds promising! Why would they bother changing the voicemail, if they weren't going to look after us? No news in the media today. Let's just see what tommorow brings. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Yep

They get an F for service !

In fairness, if they're in financial turmoil, that is what happens. A voicemail is an improvement on what happens in most companies - which is simply a dead line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

johnfás wrote: »
    In fairness, if they're in financial turmoil, that is what happens. A voicemail is an improvement on what happens in most companies - which is simply a dead line.

What has there financial turmoil issue go to do with delivering my skip

They were quick enough taking the money from me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LameLad

Believe me - they will be back at 8am in the morning in some format. Bags and bins will be collected but ring to be sure

Nice one LameLad. I'll ring them first thing in the morning. It would be nice to be rid by the weekend. They must've got an alternative dump or something "Legal" may have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LameLad

PKen, No doubt things will be busy so just be patient. They won't be able to get 4 days work done in 1 day but things are looking better

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

LameLad wrote: »
    PKen, No doubt things will be busy so just be patient. They won't be able to get 4 days work done in 1 day but things are looking better

Your in the know LameLad?

Still the same message - "Office, etc will open at 0800 in the morning"
    Keeping trying guys

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aero1974

All I know is the people that work there have a meeting at 8am to see if they still have jobs or not

aero1974 wrote: »
    All I know is the people that work there have a meeting at 8am to see if they still have jobs or not

Thanks - will you know the outcome? and if so can you let us know?

• Advertisement

Just got through - skip will be collected, maynot be today though "completly backlogged"....

Hopefully everybody kept their jobs.

Thanks Try1ng for that encouragement. I got through and spoke to a sound bloke who said it would be collected Today!!!!! Everything is being done in rotation, I'd imagine. They're processing by Invoice/Docket Nos. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

Rang A1 this morning to find out whats the story re skip collection and the girl said they are now Panda Waste and they would be collecting my skip within two days

A1 Waste has been taken over by Panda Waste trucks back on the road within the hour.

Trucks are now on the road.

aero1974 wrote: »
    A1 Waste has been taken over by Panda Waste trucks back on the road within the hour.

Trucks are now on the road.

Thanks for the info guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭emmiou

My skipbag was just collected. yippee!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

So long A1 waste and your crappy service.:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

mine was collected yesterday.

they gave me my money back and have now ordered a ship from Panda Waste ( Same company ) which will arrive on Monday

Mine was collected this morning. Yippee! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

koolkid wrote: »
    mine was collected yesterday.

I would also like to add they tried thier best to get me to pay cash on collection, even though I told her 3 times I had paid in advance. She kept insisting debit/credit cards had not been charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

I got an A1 standard skip bag delivered at the end of march 2010 & paid €99 up front,..I called them today & was told it would be €65 to collect,..I had my docket ready & informed the lady I had paid up front last March,..collection is tomorrow,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Darach

I range A1 to arrange a €65 pickup this week, but they said their machine was broken and they couldn't take Visa at the moment, just Laser or cash on collection, so I gave skipbags.ie a shout and got it collected next day for €60.

Isn't the machine that takes the Visa the same machine that takes Laser??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Darach

true enough, hadn't thought of that..

anyhow, for whatever the reason was, they lost a handy sale.

only thing was that skipbags didn't drop off another free bag, that could have netted them another future collection, otherwise all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

skipbags.ie don't seem to understand the basic obvious fact that they will not get any orders if they do not have a means to distribute the skip bags.

After the last disaster, anyone would be mad to pay for skip bag pickup in advance, especially if it is not by credit card.

That is not perfect either. My credit card number had a very tough, bruising experience after being entered in the website of one particular skip bag provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 A.C pepe

Hi I'm really knew to this posting business so apologies if I write on the wrong form or something ridiculous !

I know I am a little out of date with the thread about A1 waste but has anyone recently had trouble with them? I have been ringing for two weeks to get a skip removed. They are answering and promising oh'yeah yeah that will be collected ' but just not doing anything about it! And I have to say I have NEVER come across people so rude as the people that answer the phones there. I hung up the phone crying after arguing with one of them (yes I am pathetic! But I was just so shocked at the way she spoke to me over a skip I asked to be collected! )

Anyway apologies for the rant! Anyone know any reliable skip companies? I will need probably about two more in the near future and I really don't want to get A1/Panda ever again if I can help it.

Thank you

A.C

What area are you in? and I may be able to suggest some companies you can use.

Is it a skip bag or metal skip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 A.C pepe

Thank you very much Wize and Aero1974!
    I am in greystones in wicklow.

Advertisement