Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Alarm Recommendation

• 17-05-2010 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have a need for a wireless household alarm, with 5 Door sensors and 5 PIR's , plus GSM Dialer.

I am considering Scantronic i-on and ESP infinite which seem good value starting around 375 euros for panel/gsm mod/keypad/3 pirs/ 2 door sensors. Has anyone experience of this make/model ?

I was quoted a round number of 1200 euros by an alarm company to install one (inc vat) which seems like a tidy profit that I'd sooner keep in my wallet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Out of those two I would go for the Scantronic.
    If you are buying on-line check out the new ricochet from texecom

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have a need for a wireless household alarm, with 5 Door sensors and 5 PIR's , plus GSM Dialer.

I am considering Scantronic i-on and ESP infinite which seem good value starting around 375 euros for panel/gsm mod/keypad/3 pirs/ 2 door sensors. Has anyone experience of this make/model ?

I was quoted a round number of 1200 euros by an alarm company to install one (inc vat) which seems like a tidy profit that I'd sooner keep in my wallet.

What were you quoted €1200 for ?
    You are looking at something very basic there.
    Its harldy a fair comment if you are not comparing like with like.
    If you want a decent wireless system I would recommend Either the SigNet , GSD or HKC Secure Wave.

Advertisement