Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't film indoors on my Sanyo Xacti

Options
  • 17-05-2010 10:37am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have one of these? I bought one in January but have never been able to use it as everytime I turn it on the quality I see is terrible. It's fine outdoors but indoors, I'm much better off shooting on my digital camera.
    With the Xacti it looks like I'm filming on an old mobile phone.

I'm not trying to do anything mad. I was only trying to shoot some home movies. But now I have to film something for work so I'm getting worried!

Anyone have any advice? If you have one and it's great then I know it's just me. It's the TH1 model I have.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

the only solution is that you're going to have to have the indoors really well lit. When a camera is in a low light situation it will tend to push up the gain this comes across as noise (pixelation). The Xacti is particularly susceptible to this.

Have you tried the various modes? There's a low light mode (Lamp) might be a slight improvement. I believe on some of the models there is some manual controls. If you reduce the shutter speed this will allow more light into the camera without increasing the gain. This will only really work if the scene is extremely still as you will get a ghosting effect.

Try these out an see how you get on but either buy high powered lights or shoot outside if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

3 options,
    Rent a redhead light...
    Grab a flood light and bounce it off the ceiling..
    or grab another camera...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I feel I should come back and apologise to Sanyo. I had the ISO up ridiculously high. I've sorted it now and it works a charm. Perfect for a tiny camera, obviously not pro quality but for an amateur like me the quality looks amazing!

Advertisement