Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power shower problem

Options
  • 17-05-2010 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Hopefully this is corrrect place to post this. Forgive my pathetic knowledge of electricity matters, I'm a renter and have so far been lucky enough not to have many problems...no excuse though...

Basically had a problem related to the power shower this morning. Herself was showering and there was a loud bang from the power unit which tripped the power.

I went down to the box and flicked everything back on, and she was able to finish her shower so it seemed grand.

Then while I was showering, same thing happened again, big bang from the power unit and power went. Again I flicked everything back and power was back.

I didn't try the shower again again.

Does this just sound like a fuse issue or an issue with the shower unit itself? Given the bang etc...I would have thought the shower unit.

I just wanted an idea before I go asking the landlord about sorting it out.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Ring the landlord asap, couldn't diagnose the problem over the internet but it's important enough to get it resolved by a professional immediately.

Advertisement