Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 2 - Cut the Fat, Weights Restart

Options
  • 17-05-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

After falling in January and damaging my shoulder its time to get back on the weights tonight. Been spending the past couple of months cutting fat and down from 157 to 147.5lbs.

High reps to start back. Shoulder is still not right so will be interesting to see how it holds up. Plan for first couple of weeks is a full body workout. Unsure of what weights will be after such a long break. Going to stick to cutting the fat for the moment before going back to starting strength and putting back on some mass. Going to start with a high rep version of it to get back into things.

Squats
    15/12/10/10/10

Bench
    15/12/10/10/10

Deads
    15/12/10/10/10

Rows
    15/12/10/10/10

Press
    15/12/10/10/10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Hiya, anymore stats?

Height etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Hiya, anymore stats?

Height etc.

Hi height is around about 5'10.
    Body fat percentage i'd say is around about 13/14%
    Have also cut about 3 inches off my waist

Current diet at the moment would be something like the following:
    Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with low fat milk
    Lunch: Chicken, veg and small amount of potato
    Evening: Fruit and veg shake, wholegrain bread and egg or beans. Maybe a glass of low fat milk also. I'll probably dring half a litre of skimmed milk post workout now also after weight sessions.

Main problem has been weekend beers. If it wasn't for them i'd say the weight loss would have been a lot better. Thats being cut back to one night a weekend now though although stags etc. coming up are going to play havoc there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Hi height is around about 5'10.
    Body fat percentage i'd say is around about 13/14%
    Have also cut about 3 inches off my waist

Current diet at the moment would be something like the following:
    Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with low fat milk
    Lunch: Chicken, veg and small amount of potato
    Evening: Fruit and veg shake, wholegrain bread and egg or beans. Maybe a glass of low fat milk also. I'll probably dring half a litre of skimmed milk post workout now also after weight sessions.

Main problem has been weekend beers. If it wasn't for them i'd say the weight loss would have been a lot better. Thats being cut back to one night a weekend now though although stags etc. coming up are going to play havoc there

What are your goals??

That diet is very carb dominant.

10st at 5'10 gives you plenty of scope to start eating big.

Ultimate goal would be to get to around 160lbs or more at around 10% body fat. I had originally started to bulk before christmas before I had a fall but am now going to go about it the opposite way round and drop to about 140 before going back up. Pretty much once my pecs are in front of my belly i'm going to try bulk again.

Not sure how the shoulder will hold up when I get back on the weights. Playing squash this evening now instead of weights but will definitely be getting my first weights sessions in this week and then combine them with squash to hopefully cut the fat.

Should have also added to that that getting a good overall level of fitness is a big part of the goal also. I basically went around 7 or 8 years not doing anything much after finishing school and got back into weights a bit of football and squash last year. Fitter than i've been since school but still a lot of room for improvement

• Advertisement
Advertisement