Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy free weights in Cork

Options
  • 17-05-2010 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi all

Looking on where i can buy free weights in cork, i ahve seen some in argos but i am looking for dumbells really that are 7, 8 and 10kgs?

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Hi all

Looking on where i can buy free weights in cork, i ahve seen some in argos but i am looking for dumbells really that are 7, 8 and 10kgs?

many thanks

definately argos..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭newsizedbooty

corkcomp wrote: »
    definately argos..

thanks, ill have a better look at the catalogue and go from there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Don't buy free weights from Argos. That's like buying your Sunday best from Michael Guiney's. Go somewhere like the great outdoors or some other large sports shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Maher Sports have a shop dedicated to fitness equipment on Oliver Plunkett Street, they've a decent selection on display there.

Don't buy free weights from Argos. That's like buying your Sunday best from Michael Guiney's. Go somewhere like the great outdoors or some other large sports shop.

thats absolute crap. I bought a dumbell and barbell set in argos a few years ago and no problems what so ever with them.. you cant compare free weights to clothes tbh.. as long as your buying a decent set, buy them where ever is cheaper.

• Advertisement

Well maybe they've changed but when i looked in Argos a few years ago, they had the gold plastics ones filled with sand.
    If your buying sports equipment, stick to the people that specialize in sports equipment. I mean would you join Lidl or Aldi gym if they opened one in your area?
    Argos pretty much charge more than anyone else for a lot of the products they sell too. They make you pay for the convenience of finding pretty much anything in one of their crap catalogs.

Well maybe they've changed but when i looked in Argos a few years ago, they had the gold plastics ones filled with sand.
    If your buying sports equipment, stick to the people that specialize in sports equipment.
    Argos pretty much charge more than anyone else for a lot of the products they sell too. They make you pay for the convenience of finding pretty much anything in one of their crap catalogs. Bunch of crooks.

nope. solid chrome set and very durable (the barbel has been dropped :D) mahers were twice the price at the time. A quick look at their site tells you they have exactly what the OP requires. I am more interested in helping the OP here, any anti argos rants probably belong in the consumer forum

corkcomp wrote: »
    nope. solid chrome set and very durable (the barbel has been dropped :D) mahers were twice the price at the time. A quick look at their site tells you they have exactly what the OP requires. I am more interested in helping the OP here, any anti argos rants probably belong in the consumer forum

so am i and that's why we have a healthy for and against going here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭contenttypes

If your buying sports equipment, stick to the people that specialize in sports equipment. I mean would you join Lidl or Aldi gym if they opened one in your area?
    Firstly i think this statement doesnt make sense but in response to it.....
    its not necessarily the equip you use, its what you do wit it! Top of the range equip and prices does not mean you are getting the best! And trust me I've worked in all types of gyms with all types of equip and its usually the oldest and the more basic...the better!
    A set of plates wit a long bar and two smaller bars that are interchangeable is the best bet...and argos does this as do other sports shops...price (not where u buy them) & range of plates in the set should be the only factors once u are dealing n metal sets as they will last a lifetime... also consider looking in the pink pages or buy and sell as people sell off equip really cheap in these as well!

• Advertisement

Grannies finnest cast iron pans and the railing from your wardrobe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭newsizedbooty

thanks everyone for the replies. I wouldnt really be bothered about buying weights from Argos...sure weight is weight isnt it, so long as its stable.

Thansk for the link, would you believe that was the one I reserved!! thanks for you help!!

thanks everyone for the replies. I wouldnt really be bothered about buying weights from Argos...sure weight is weight isnt it, so long as its stable.

Thansk for the link, would you believe that was the one I reserved!! thanks for you help!!

no probs.. you wont have any prob with those weights.. remember progression is the key so make sure either your reps and / or weight on bar is increasing over time

Advertisement