Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Pet Store

Options
  • 17-05-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I got a flyer through the door recently for a new large pet store, I put it aside and now cant find it... Anyone know where it is?

Its in the Dublin Area, if memory serves it was off the M50....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's a bunch of Maxi Zoo places opening up recently. There's one in Bray, Naas and Tallaght and I understand there's one opening up in Carrickmines soon.

http://www.maxizoo.ie/stores.html

They're part of the German Fressknapf group which has over 1000 stores all over Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ciars84

There is a Big enough pet shop just off the ballymun exit of the m50 in Gullivers retail park? Its called Petmania. Maybe this is the one you are thinking of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 secretnoise

maxi zoo . a complet rip off , stay away

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The is a big one in carrickmines. Just opened a couple of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

maxi zoo . a complet rip off , stay away

From what I've seen in MaxiZoo, everything seemed cheap enough. Their own brand things especially.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

morganafay wrote: »
    From what I've seen in MaxiZoo, everything seemed cheap enough. Their own brand things especially.

Yep they have a lot of promotions on every so often too and stuff is very cheap, but I have seen the normal price of stuff on well known brands & it is reasonable.

Pet stop in Blanchardstown I find very expensive for certain things €33 for a flexi lead before that ranges from €15-€25 everywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

To be honest I have no problem paying a little more if the pet store has good supplies and treats it's stock well.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

As far as I know there are a few new pet shops open recently...one in the Southern Cross Business park, one in the Carrickmines Retail park and another one somewhere else but can't remember.

I think it's a case of going to them and seeing what you need and comparing the prices as one could be cheaper on some stuff and dearer on others.

Personally I prefer to still shop at my own local ones in either Cornelscourt or Sallynoggin as I have been using them for years and know the owners very well at this stage. It would be a shame to see the smaller ones closing.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yeh, some of the Maxi Zoo own brand stuff is cheaper and they have offers but in general I've found them dear enough at first I thought they were cheaper than other shops but they are pretty much the same their leather collars are dear that's just the regular leather ones.
    Their vet bed is dear enough as well.

But I keep comparing prices to zooplus now when you've got a bunch of animals and are on a tight budget some people will shop where it's cheapest at the end of the day although a shop near by is handy if you need something straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Was in Maxi Zoo Naas recently and to be honest I have never seen somewhere so expensive......the majority of stock were just crazy prices! for the dogs anyway not sure about anything else.
    did get some dog food on offer which was ok but my local store s are far cheaper on everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Maxi Zoo can be expensive but the staff in their Tallaght branch would keep me coming back unlike a certain petstore on the longMile road!
    They do have good offers from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

We got a flyer through for one opening in Swords called FurFeathersFins or something.

Personally I dont like the pet shops that sell pets aswell as pet products.

Id like to find one that just does the products.

Advertisement