Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Grad in Graphic Design?

Options
  • 17-05-2010 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi

I am looking about a course that would suit me best but i have no clue where to look?

I'm interested in Graphic design or would love to work with magazine layouts (fashion mags)

I've currently a B.A (Hons) in Communication and Creative Multimedia after four years of study at DKIT and For the past two years I have been working within a graphic design company in which i have picked up a great deal of experience.

Now I feel that i want to expand my education to take me further in to the graphic design field.

I found this at DIT that i may be interested in studying - Design Practice - Professional (DT548)

but so far that is the only one I have come across - i would even be interested in studying abroad

Could any one give me any details on courses that may suit me please? would be a great help

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Tht DIT course is supposed to be good, it's focused a lot of the process of design; how you approach a design project, dealing with clients etc... and also the production side of design; printing methods etc...

As far as I know, the area it lacks is the actual purely visual design side, which they expect you to have a good grounding in already. Don't take this as given though, this is just what i've heard.

If you're working though, why not just stay working? Experience and portfolio will usually stand to you a lot more in this industry.

If you do go abroad, take a look at some courses in the UK like the courses in RCA and St Martins, and also around the Nordic countries which usually do masters courses in English.

Advertisement