Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Digiweb wireless to UPC

• 17-05-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before – I did some searching and couldn’t find anything.

I’m thinking of switching my Digiweb metro wireless broadband to UPC (due to reasons of cost and download caps) and have a couple of questions.

Has anyone done this switch before?
    Is it handled automatically by UPC?
    Can I order online and reasonably expect them to take care of the whole thing?

Perhaps I’m being a tad optimistic in hoping that UPC transition will be seamless!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Eh im assuming you order UPC.. They tell you if they can install it.. Some fees are discussed and then they install it!!!

You then ring Digiweb.. Tell them you dont want their BB any more and after some fees are discussed they cancel your BB...

They dont work on the same lines/medium so there ya go!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Thanks! i hope it's as painless as described :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

My daughter had to switch, tree in way for Metro at new house.

They simply ordered the UPC cable service + phone (no eircom line). It uses the TV cable, but you don't need to order TV. There does need to be a UPC cable already going past your house.

There may be some difficulty if you want to move the same phone number from Metro to UPC because geographical number porting is only easy from eircom to someone, once.

ALL equipment, including DECT phone and all plugtop power supplies that was supplied by Digiweb is Digiweb's property and they will want it all, including usually the outdoor radio.

Simply make sure UPC is working before you cancel Digiweb. Then if there is a problem on UPC, you still have a service and don't cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

watty wrote: »
    ALL equipment, including DECT phone and all plugtop power supplies that was supplied by Digiweb is Digiweb's property and they will want it all, including usually the outdoor radio.

Simply make sure UPC is working before you cancel Digiweb. Then if there is a problem on UPC, you still have a service and don't cancel.

Thanks for the great info and good tip! They never supplied a phone back when i switched to them, but they can have all the rest!

Cheers

Advertisement