Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voluntary redundancy+2nd job and social welfere

• 17-05-2010 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi All,
    Is anyone could tell me if i would be entitled to get any social welfare help (jobseeker allowance/benefit etc.) when i agree for voluntary redundancy in one of my part time job (in fact that's full-time flexi what in real means 3 night per week) and i still have another job (2-3 nights per week).
    i've tried to find answer on social welfare and citizen inf. center website but i did't find a clear answer.
    does anyone was in similar sytuation?
    i have to make decision till wednesday so i would appreciate any quick response.THX

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

mariano125 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Is anyone could tell me if i would be entitled to get any social welfare help (jobseeker allowance/benefit etc.) when i agree for voluntary redundancy in one of my part time job (in fact that's full-time flexi what in real means 3 night per week) and i still have another job (2-3 nights per week).
    i've tried to find answer on social welfare and citizen inf. center website but i did't find a clear answer.
    does anyone was in similar sytuation?
    i have to make decision till wednesday so i would appreciate any quick response.THX

As i understand this you have two job's. One of which you will be leaving shortly. While you will keep the other.

there are two parts to this.
    1. because you are taking voluntary redundancy, you may find yourself disqualified for up to nine weeks, as you left the job of your own free will (If you are getting a redundancy payment, you might also get a disQual for that as well, but the two will run concurrently.)

2. You might Qualify for "casual" Jobseekers. There are various conditions invloved in this. I will assume that you have been working for the last few years, and reach the conditions for JSB. That being the case you will be docked a days jobseekrs for each day you work (1/6th of your entitlement).

There are of course other things which may impact you, but would cause confusion if i went into it now. If you work the same 2-3 nights each week these are unlikely to come up.

hope this helps some.

Advertisement