Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Legoland windsor

• 17-05-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all
    Has anybody gone to Legoland with their campervan, if so your thoughts and experiences would be of help to me. We are considering going over at the start of july, Two adults two children. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Vipermax55

Hi all
    Has anybody gone to Legoland with their campervan, if so your thoughts and experiences would be of help to me. We are considering going over at the start of july, Two adults two children. Thanks in advance

Hi
    I didn't go there in a campervan so no help to you there but there were plenty of them in the car park.
    The que's for the attractions there ( especially the younger kids ones ) were very long and slow moving I could see a lot of frustation on the parents faces .Try to arrange a visit off peak if its possible .
    One of the kids did a seminar where they got to build a remote control robot from scratch with lego it was well organised and he enjoyed it . 4D movies were good as well .

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Did the Legoland trip about 3 yrs ago. Very enjoyable and the kids loved it. Early July is a good time as the UK kids haven't finished school until mid-July, however you might meet a few school tours.
    There's lot of parking spaces at Legoland but I doubt you'd be allowed park overnight. We stayed two nights at Amerden Caravan & Camping Site which is about 10Km away. Nice site, friendly staff and a bit off the beaten track.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SourKraut

I went to the German one with the campervan. It was very quiet, both in the campsite and the park itself, this was July last year. Great place for kids (and dads), and good value: if you get the annual pass you can stay for a few days you can pop in and out at your leisure.

Not much good to you since you're thinking of Windsor perhaps... but as an alternative maybe, and there's loads of other places to go down around southern Germany and into the alps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 darmurt

we went last summer...fantastic place...our kids are 7 and 2...we had nowhere to stay when we arrived and enquired at the entrance....they told us we could park at the staff house for free ...which is just at the entrance and had security ...but we needed showers so we stayed at Amerden Caravan & Camping Site..its about 20-30 mins away...a lovely place ...sort of like camping in a forest.... were thinking of going back this year....we also went to alton towers which is more suited for older kids...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Did you find a good campsite near Windsor. Looking for recommendations.

Thanks,

Tim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Another option for campers with kids is Drayton Manor / Thomasland.
    They have their own campsite there & it's a great park for old and young alike.
    Close to Birmingham.

Advertisement