Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BER Cert office rental

• 17-05-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some advice, but if this is the wrong forum, mod's please move.

i have been renting an office in a small business park, its free standing, single storey, about 50SqM. At the moment due to the economy its on a week to week basis with no formal lease, as I know the landlord for years.

the landlord is keen to formalist the position,my problem is that during the winter the office is freezing, as there is no insulation in the roof space, and the window glazing is low quality double glazing on 4 sides. The walls are block built 400mm high, and the roof has concrete tiles.

Can I seek a BER cert on an office rental, as I imagine the rating will be a Z or whatever is the poorest, it cost a packet to heat.

Appreciate any advice and hope I am posting in the right forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

The floor area is significant . Below 50sq m and free standing means it is exempt from BER .

The absense of a formal lease -in my opinion - is also problematic . BER certs are required at the point of sale or lease . If there is in fact no lease then it is not so clear cut .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Sorry i re read your post - if the landlord wants a lease arrangement he must supply a BER cert - ( unless the 50 m2 stand alone exemption rule aplies )

Be aware that a BER cert will simply tell you what you already know . He is not obliged to provide you a building with a BER cert rating of A, B, C, D etc .
    but simply to present you with the rating as is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

sinnerboy wrote: »

Be aware that a BER cert will simply tell you what you already know . He is not obliged to provide you a building with a BER cert rating of A, B, C, D etc .
    but simply to present you with the rating as is

many thanks for that, if he has to supply a Cert, and its as poor as i outlined at least it gives me some options to put to him regarding impovments to the building, or at least the rental will reflect the state of poor insulation, as Certified.

Thanks again

Advertisement