Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Draw up shortlist

• 17-05-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

From SSN:
    Sky Sports News understands that West Ham United want permission to interview Sam Allardyce, Avram Grant, Dave Jones and Ian Holloway over the managerial vacancy at Upton Park.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11685_6159226,00.html

What do you make of this?
    Personally I'd love to see Holloway or Grant take the reins,not keen at all on Big Sam or Jones.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm not keen on you getting Sam Allardyce either, he has taken us from the brink of relegation to 10th this season in 17 months and brought in a well-known highly rated French defender for 3.5mill and a previously unknown 19 year old from a relegated Ligue 2 team for 500k who became our player of the season.

No way Big Sam is going anywhere and I'm happy about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm not keen on you getting Sam Allardyce either, he has taken us from the brink of relegation to 10th this season in 17 months and brought in a well-known highly rated French defender for 3.5mill and a previously unknown 19 year old from a relegated Ligue 2 team for 500k who became our player of the season.

Yeah I was a bit surprised when I saw his name alright,don't know why he'd want to leave Blackburn really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

No mention of Phil Brown?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

I could see Avram Grant getting in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

they should go for slaven bilic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Yeah would be surprised to see Big Sam leave, he still has a job to do at Blackburn. Would love it to me Holloway just for the stuff he comes out with. The premiership is missing an entertaining manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Would love it to me Holloway just for the stuff he comes out with. The premiership is missing an entertaining manager.
    You're having a laugh surely? Give him a job because he has a colourful mouth. Please. I'd like to see Avram Grant given a shot at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What a joke that this list is public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

You're having a laugh surely? Give him a job because he has a colourful mouth. Please. I'd like to see Avram Grant given a shot at it.

Ha can't be a bad manager either given the job he's done at Blackpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

Ha can't be a bad manager either given the job he's done at Blackpool
    The club needs stability, stability that comes from a manager with premiership experience imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

With a bit of luck , Holloway will be in the premiership next year anyway.
    I doubt many will want to work for the two owners as they seem like total turds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Is it that Alan Curbishley doesnt want to manage anymore or whats the craic? I know he was at West Ham before and didnt get the credit he deserved for keeping them up but seriously....he is never listed for managerial jobs anymore! Why??

joe123 wrote: »
    Is it that Alan Curbishley doesnt want to manage anymore or whats the craic? I know he was at West Ham before and didnt get the credit he deserved for keeping them up but seriously....he is never listed for managerial jobs anymore! Why??
    He won a big case for unfair dismissal against West Ham so he probably can't work until that contract is out of date.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    No mention of Phil Brown?

:(

There isn't many gardens over in east London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

eagle eye wrote: »

N'Zonzi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

JPA wrote: »
    What a joke that this list is public.

its a "SKy Sports Understands" list, its not like west ham released it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

event wrote: »
    its a "SKy Sports Understands" list, its not like west ham released it

Well of course, but somebody from West Ham told them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

JPA wrote: »
    Well of course, but somebody from West Ham told them.

The only real question here is which one of the 3 big mouthed stooges who run WHU leaked this to the media. My moneys on it being O' Sullivan.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Grant would be a good appointment and very attainable

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

MR NINE wrote: »
    N'Zonzi?
    Yes. Unheard of before we took him. What a bargain at 500k.

• Advertisement
Advertisement