Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty obtaining a 3pay sim card

Options
  • 17-05-2010 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone had any difficulty in obtaining a 3 pay sim? My local CPW won't oblige and I ordered a free sim from 3's website 2 weeks ago still nothing.

Is there a shortage or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

They should be freely available in carphone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What do CPW charge for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Haddockman wrote: »
    What do CPW charge for them?

Used to be a tenner, but came with €10 credit

Ok, thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Have you tried a 3 store.

They are thin on the ground around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

I ordered one last monday, was expecting it by today, maybe tomorrow, guess i'll be waiting a while so. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mossie

seanaor wrote: »
    I ordered one last monday, was expecting it by today, maybe tomorrow, guess i'll be waiting a while so. :(

I ordered one mid March and got it mid April. Their suggestion of 5 - 7 days is BS.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

They give them with 20euro credit in 3 store but u have to register. Which isnt great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Odd, I paid €10 for one online a few months ago, just activated it now and it didn't come with any credit.
    MSN messenger works however.

I do recall them costing €10 and they deffo come with no credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

I also ordered one through their website approximately 3 wks ago and am still waiting for Mr.Postman to deliver it. I also sent a txt saying 3pay to 51333 that i seen advertised in a tv ad last week and then got a message saying an customer agent would contact me within 48hrs regarding this new offer. Two days later i got a text from 3 saying they tried to ring me but got no answer. I however never recieved a phone call !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 VMw4r3

Normally you receive phone calls at 3am from their call centre in Mumbai, or maybe the persistent spam text messages at all hours of the morning.
    I updated my usb stick internet to their Huawei E5830 mobile wi-fi, Three told me it would be a free update and the still charged my direct debit €70 ish euros.
    Its way faster than o2 but the 15gigs per month goes in less than 3 weeks(normally 2).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

If you buy one in the store its 5 euro., but if you take 10 euro credit at the same time the sim is free. You are better of buying the sim with 20 euro credit because you get free anytime texts and free any network calls on Saturday and Sunday. Sorry op my response does not help you but it may helps others reading this.

Advertisement