Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many people are waiting for ambulance service recruitment?

Options
  • 17-05-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭

I'm at the start of doing my D1 and C lessons so I can be sure of getting a chance to apply for the next national recruitment of the HSE Ambulance Service/trainee Paramedic.

I got talking to my instructor and before we began he asked why am I doing it. Before I could even answer he said "you want to be a Paramedic"?

Turns out they are getting a huge amount of people doing the lessons who want to become paramedics. He had three that week alone, one the same day as me and he is only one instructor. Others are getting more. This is just one company in Finglas.

Seems like there's going to be a huge number of applicants for the next recruitment (more than usual) and it's going to get very competitive. And the last time I heard it was over 77,000 applications.

Has anyone come across similar? Who's waiting and do you know of any people waiting to apply?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

I'm the same when I did my lessons/test back in September there was about 10 other people doing lessons all with the same view to join the ambulance service. I have three friends who also have lessons done and are waiting presume most others on here after come across te same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

77000!:eek:
    I was thinking of going to England to do it and then come back here, but if that's true there wouldn't be much point in that, I doubt I'm the only one with that idea out of the 77000! It's a lot of money for C and D licenses only to get the opportunity to enter the competition that is to get a place on the HSE Student Paramedic course.

Advertisement