Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart telecom's response to student with broadband for summer.

• 17-05-2010 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

thumbs up for smart telecom.

Im a student in letterkenny. I ordered bb with smart back in september, and had it installed a week later. Working perfect ever since.

I rang them today, as i finish college this week, and wanted to know the best thing to do. I know im in a 12 month contract, im not looking for a way out or to cancel etc, im very very happy with their service.

so they offered me 2 solutions.

option 1 -- they will suspend my account & payments until i return to college, where i can sign up for another 12 month contract, and connect it in my new residence.

option 2 -- they will remove the bb, and place a lock on my account so no one can make calls etc from my line, and i will just pay for the line rental during the summer, until my contract is finished, and cancel it then.

have to say, was nice of them to offer both options, as they could have just said, sorry, 12 month, your paying us €72.50 until then.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Sounds decent of them. Its also in their interest as they possibly get a customer for another 12 months. Btw Digiweb run/own Smart now.

Advertisement