Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone with offline GPS and TV-out

Options
  • 17-05-2010 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hello

I’m looking for a phone with offline GPS and TV-out, budget around 300-400 eur. Here's what I'd like in a new phone:
    1) PAYG
    2) offline GPS – Download maps once and use GPS feature without connecting to internet.
    3) wi-fi and upgradeable memory.
    4) touchscreen or at least 3 inch screen
    5) TV-out

So far SE Vivaz, Nokia X6 with Vodafone look like suitable options. HTC Desire looks nice but has no TV-out. Nokia X6 has non-upgradeable memory.

What are your suggestions?

I’ve heard that Vivaz uses Google Maps and need connecting to internet when using GPS. Is this right? What about GPS on HTC Desire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

You can install Garmin or if you hack the Vivaz you can install Nokia Maps on it
    (both of them dont use online data for maps)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 VPS

How much would Garmin cost? How difficult is to install Nokia Maps on Vivaz?

Advertisement