Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing lube

• 17-05-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

This is gonna be a quickie, my girlfriend took out her naval piercing to clean it properly, I know she shouldnt have done it (its only 3 months old) but she didnt. She couldnt get the bar back through the way it came out, Im guessing the threaded jewellery was snagging on the scar tissue that developed on the bottom hole. So, she put in the bar upside down.

When I got to her house, I suggested she used some of her Durex Tingle, to help the bar slide through the fistula, it worked :D

So my question is, was I wrong to suggest using a lube? or is it neutral enough to be used on an un-healed piercing without causing any side-affects?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 the wizzard

Using a lube is not a problem as such. A lot of studios actually lube needles before insertion. The problem is your choice of product. Whatever is in the lube to make it "Tingle" can't be too healthy on unhealed piercings, then again if it worked and she's had no ill effects then job done. Just don't recommend it too often. Better to keep it for what its meant for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Its less than 24 hours since we tried it, so Iv yet to really talk to her and see if theres been any unwanted results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 the wizzard

Probably too late now. I'd say she would have felt something by now after all "play lubes" are supposed to kick in within a few minutes so chances are she would have noticed fairly soon. If in doubt, get a piercer to have a look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I think that 3 months wasn't the worst time it could have happened at. By now the fistula should be doing pretty alright and should be practically healed by now. (all depending on the person of course, some people can take up on a year to heal completely) Piercings tend to close up very quickly if left without jewelery in them for long periods of time from as little as a few hours to a few days depending on the age of the piercing and the area in which it is situated on the body.

Anyway, I am aware of the lube you recommended, and I think it only leaves the skin feeling 'tingly' for a few minutes or so, before it wears off. So I doubt it could have done any damage at all. At the end of the day, the piercing is nearly healed if not completely already, and as long as she didn't try and put the jewelery in harshly and didn't snag any skin, she should be ok.

Good to ask questions though, but I'm sure by now if there was any problems you'd know by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I saw her and it today, pattin myself on the back for a job well done, haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Good stuff! Glad to hear there was no side affects. :)
    Maybe keep some nuetral lubricants in the house incase another incident like this occurs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

The tingling sensation is caused by the menthol in the lube... hardly recommend using it on a open wound, but it's not the worst thing that could have been put on it.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

hehe this is hilarious....ah lube...wonder product

Advertisement