Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Provisional License?

• 17-05-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

Have my Full cars license over 3 years now and provisional about 18 months before that, would i have to sit the Bike theory test or would i be able to call up and still be eligible for a bike provisional during that time frame?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I got my car prov in 2000, passed the test in 2001. There was no theory test at the time. I got my bike learner's permit in 2008 and had to do a theory test for it. I haven't met anyone who started biking recently that didn't have to do the theory test whether they had a full B or not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

If you Provisional licence hasn't expired by more than 5 years, you may apply for a 2nd Learner Permit. (Provisional Licences ceased to be issued from October 2007).

If it has expired by more than 5 years, you're back to square one - Theory Test and 1st Learner Permit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

If you Provisional licence hasn't expired by more than 5 years, you may apply for a 2nd Learner Permit. (Provisional Licences ceased to be issued from October 2007).

If it has expired by more than 5 years, you're back to square one - Theory Test and 1st Learner Permit.

thanks pal, i'll give them a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

cantdecide wrote: »
    I got my car prov in 2000, passed the test in 2001. There was no theory test at the time. I got my bike learner's permit in 2008 and had to do a theory test for it. I haven't met anyone who started biking recently that didn't have to do the theory test whether they had a full B or not...

I was one of the lucky ones who did the three in one theory test and was still valid when I got my provisional.

right just got off the phone with them, i wont have to sit the theory test as im within the time frame, just need the usual stuff.

and will entitle me to a and a1.

cheers lads.:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

A is the one you want, forget about A1.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    A is the one you won't, forget about A1.

ah i know yeah.
    im just mentioning what it entitles me too is all.

oh and its a learner permit now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

hobochris wrote: »
    I was one of the lucky ones who did the three in one theory test and was still valid when I got my provisional.

Likewise, the same test was used when I was getting my cage provisional, then around two years later I was able to use it for getting A put onto my provisional. I think this was because I still hadn't passed my cage driving test though.

Advertisement