Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountancy Experience

Options
  • 17-05-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me with my problem? any advice at all will be greatly appreciated. I recently graduated college with a degree in accounting, thing is i only got a pass degree after failing a final year subject and having to repeat it. No accountancy practise wants to know me. ive contacted most of the small firms on dublins southside and i cant even get an interview.

I'm currently trying to get a summer internship to boost my experience in an attempt to make myself more attracitve on paper but finding it tough going. I did a summer internship in my second year of college which potential employers like but when they hear i only have a pass degree they lose all interest.

I am committed to this career path however and plan to register with ACA for next years exams. Does anyone have any advice on how to get some relevant work experince for this summer or longer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi.

The Help Desk is for people who are having problems using the site or who wish to discuss a moderation decision. Additionally, generally only admins and you can respond to posts you make in here so unfortunately you won't get an answer in this forum.

Your question is probably most suited to the Accountancy forum (using the menu at the top of the screen, Biz > Business > Accountancy).

Advertisement