Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear Factory To Release (Yet Another) Boxset

Options
  • 17-05-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

OK, so first and foremost, I'm a Fear Factory fan - love them - but while I agree their new album Mechanize is a welcome return to form (and I treasure my Digipak copy with my life) I couldn't understand the marketing behind their "Super Limited Fan Box" which was shaped like a Tool Box and contained a workman's tools from a measuring tape to a carpenters pencil.

31PU-N42YLL._SS400_.jpg

Even Metallica haven't released anything that insane, right? Oh yeah...the coffin...

Anyway, it seems that having marketed this flop of a Tool Box that Fear Factory are re-releasing Mechanize again, on June 11th, as a festival box set. To celebrate their many festival appearances this Summer.

190978.jpg

Content:
    1. Mechanize album- Ltd. edition including a 12-pages booklet and 3 bonus tracks!!!
    2. Music Cassette with 3 demo track from 1991
    3. Bandana with exclusive FF tribal layout
    4. 4 buttons
    5. belt with FF logo on the buckle

I for one think it's a little steep to be asking fans who've already purchased the album to shell out again, or at least market a product like this, surely most people who wanted the album bought one of the three versions released last year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Wouldn't buy anything like that for any band really. Marketing crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    Wouldn't buy anything like that for any band really. Marketing crap.
    This is pretty much what I was going to post :). I'm a big Fear Factory fan but tacky box sets just strike me as pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I can guarantee you this and the tool box were Dino's idea. His money-grubbing mits are always looking for more!!

Advertisement