Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WHat does your OH do that lets you know they love you?

• 17-05-2010 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

My OH isn't too fond of saying those "3 little words" too often but sometimes he does something and it just makes me feel all overwhelmed and soppy.

I was lying with my back to him in bed last night and woke up at about 1 am to find him just lying there stroking my hair. Just made me feel loved, so it got me to thinking about all the little seemingly insignificant things he does and it really put me in a good mood today, feeling very much like showing my appreciation so I might even buy him a little pressie on my way home from work.

So in the interest of getting everyone else on a love buzz today... what does your OH to do that makes you feel loved?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

Golly, cheesseball thread ahoy! :)

There's lots of things my BF does that make me go all warm and squirmy inside. He always makes me laugh!
    Even when I'm feeling really down, he's just always there and says the things that no one else in the world could possibly say to make you feel better. If anyone else said them, i'd tell them to toss off. I guess I believe what he says so it's special!

Also, if you poke him in between his eyebrows, he giggles like a girl. It's HILARIOUS! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I'm getting a good laugh keep them coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

I was lying with my back to him in bed last night and woke up at about 1 am to find him just lying there stroking my hair.

Is it just me who thinks that's a bit scary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Nuggles wrote: »
    Maybe just not your cup of tea? Some girls like it. Some lads like it. It can sometimes relax both partners.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

stepbar wrote: »
    I'm getting a good laugh keep them coming!

Play nice or you'll find yourself on the fast track to a banning.

Maple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

My ex used to do that, Thought it was sweet actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

maple wrote: »
    Play nice or you'll find yourself on the fast track to a banning.

Maple.

Talk about a reaction of disproportionate sorts.... :rolleyes:

Do you really was that needed eh?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

stepbar wrote: »
    Talk about a reaction of disproportionate sorts.... :rolleyes:

Do you really was that needed eh?

Personally I felt there was no need for your post in the first place. It might not be your type of thread so just stay out of it if it offends you so.

Please don't attempt to derail the thread any further or infractions will be handed out.

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

"Scary"

judging by the number of Thanks for this post, I assume the number of social shut-ins is off the scale on the ladys forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Social shut ins?

I can only see this thread turning into a bitch fest now tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Although my oh and myself are only seeing each other a few weeks a month today actually :) he looks at me at certain times that make me go all funny inside :o

dunno about the love part of it though but it lets me know hes into me :D

T-Square wrote: »
    "Scary"

judging by the number of Thanks for this post, I assume the number of social shut-ins is off the scale on the ladys forum...

Leave the lovely ladies alone :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Personally if i start strokeing any part of my o/h during the night I am hopeing I am going to get a particular part stroked....

But anyway back to the thread.... My other half just has to be herself for me to love her. The reason being she is extreamly affectionate and giddy and these are traits that i would never wish to loose.

I once told me other half that if i was blind i would love her more because her sheer beauty distracts me now(and no POGTFO)

But yes op its good to feel protected warm and loved...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Social shut ins?

I can only see this thread turning into a bitch fest now tbh.
    I agree. Any further not in the spirit of the thread or this forum type posts and the thread will be locked and bans handed out.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mssin80

he lets me have the remote on football nite!if thats not love,i dont know what is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

cuddles, tickling me until I can't breathe, tucking me into bed, remembers things I like, talking to me while playing the xbox :pac: but above all, he makes me laugh so much and he loves to make me laugh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

personally, i love surprises but can't stand them at the same time cos the suspense kills me and i get so excited. He knows this and uses it to his advantage!

He booked a holiday away for a week and told me a little bit each day, like what i would have to pack etc. Didn't find out where we were going til we got to the airport, so exciting!!
    He always tells me how i should eat a breakfast and i never do so sometimes when i'm leaving his house in the mornings, he puts coco pops into my bag when i'm not watching. it's awesome because i heart coco pops and only cereal i eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mssin80

kiwi123 wrote: »
    personally, i love surprises but can't stand them at the same time cos the suspense kills me and i get so excited. He knows this and uses it to his advantage!

He booked a holiday away for a week and told me a little bit each day, like what i would have to pack etc. Didn't find out where we were going til we got to the airport, so exciting!!
    He always tells me how i should eat a breakfast and i never do so sometimes when i'm leaving his house in the mornings, he puts coco pops into my bag when i'm not watching. it's awesome because i heart coco pops and only cereal i eat!
    thats the cutest thing ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

My OH and I live at opposite sides of the country at the moment, and the TV in my apartment in Dublin hasn't been working for the past month. Every week, without me ever asking, he's been taping all the programmes that he thought I'd like to watch (with actual video tapes, he's a bogger, no Sky Plus!), and then when I'm home at weekends I've been spending my Sunday mornings watching them back all together.

Also, he is the pickiest eater in the world (even pickier than me, and that's saying something!), but when we go to visit my farmer uncles, he makes a massive effort on the bacon and cabbage and turnip even though I know that it actually makes him feel physically ill.

He tells me that I'm the best thing since sliced bread! :D

There's lots and lots more, but I don't want to sound like a big sap. :o Suffice to say, he's a keeper!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

When I'm feeling stressed out or panicy he gives me good sensible advice without being patronising or unrealistic. Always calms me down when I feel like I have a plan!

When I get a spoon hug in the middle of the night and a kiss on the shoulder and he's still mostly asleep :)

And when he forwards me a link to funny cat pic in work to make me giggle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Cute thread, makes me miss my boy as I haven't seen him for 6 weeks now and won't until early June :(

He does little things, I found a list of things he did that I liked when we started going out, must pull it out for a reminisce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollypocket10

Anna Molly wrote: »
    Golly, cheesseball thread ahoy! :)

I was feeling a bit cheesy yesterday :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollypocket10

I hear ya ;) It's our thing though, he does it when we watch TV or when we are just sitting around and it feels really nice and relaxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

The little kiss he plants on my cheek before he leaves for his early shift when he thinks I'm asleep :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 karen86

I accidentally cut my finger while cooking yesterday. He bandaged it up and gave me cuddles and kisses :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Aaawww Joey the Lips.... Bless!

Don't worry i wont repeat it in TGC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Loads of stuff....

downloads shows I miss so I can watch them later, text me xxx regularly, cooks for me (superspecial meals), he bought me a book of Leonard Cohen poetry once. I didn't know he wrote poetry altough I really liked his songs, makes me hot waterbottles when I'm tired and cold (gets upset if I do it as its his job) and makes me laugh - a lot.

However he also takes my head out of the clouds when I am being unreasonable which I need also. Everyother bf before him would let me away with murder. I love the fact he doesn't.

I love the little texts I get during the day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

My partner lives in the UK and I went over to visit him last weekend. He drove me an hour and a half to Edinburgh to get my flight home, my flight was cancelled 15 mins before the flight was due to depart. I called him to tell him the flight was cancelled and he drove all the way back to collect me :)
    He then booked a place for me on the Troon to Larne ferry as I had to get home on sunday, and knowing that I am nervous of boats, he gave me a UK mobile phone to use on the boat and talked to me for the two hour jorney to make sure that I was ok :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Nice texts and funny jokes that only we get are the main ones.

We met while working together and for ages afterwards if she was having a hard day or just one of those customers are morons times I'd wait until she was away from her desk and leave her a cup of tea and a milky way bar for her to come back to, or just post it notes (folded so nobody could see them, secret office romances are fun :) ) telling her I was thinking about her or that she looked pretty, major brownie points for that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

he cuddles me when I'm sad. He rubs my tummy when i've got my gift. he always tells me i'm the most beautiful woman in the world.(lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

J wouldn't be the best at professing his love very often but I know he loves me due to his many good natured actions.
    Every night he has to have his feet against me regardless.
    He's great at giving cuddles/kisses when he's half asleep but I think the cream on top happened last week was when he said...
    "You know what Millie, there should be a lot more of you in the country, it sure would make the world a better place". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lilliec

My OH comes to the films i want to watch in cinema (SATC, atonement, PS I love you-he's whipped! :p) i cuddle into him while watching them but he always seems to know when i get teary during them...he rubs my tears away...i ask him how he knows i've been teary and he says 'i just know'. this is all done without making it obvious to the other cinema

He also puts on funny voices when i'm feeling down to make me laugh:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jenniferk905

ellieh1 wrote: »
    My partner lives in the UK and I went over to visit him last weekend. He drove me an hour and a half to Edinburgh to get my flight home, my flight was cancelled 15 mins before the flight was due to depart. I called him to tell him the flight was cancelled and he drove all the way back to collect me :)
    He then booked a place for me on the Troon to Larne ferry as I had to get home on sunday, and knowing that I am nervous of boats, he gave me a UK mobile phone to use on the boat and talked to me for the two hour jorney to make sure that I was ok :)

wow ^ best iv read!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

When we'd been together for a month, he brought a white rose into college for me. Completely unexpected, since I didn't have him down as the romantic type

Every monthiversary for the first year, he would bring me a bunch of lilies (he found out that they're my favourite flowers) Now he does it for every year and half-year anniversary, sometimes with tulips as well

The first Valentine's day we were together, even though he knows I'm not a big fan of the Hallmark holiday, he made a collage of the nicest pictures of us both and made a frame for them

When I was super stressed in our final year in college, he was fantastic. He persuaded me to keep going when all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sleep and pretend everything away. He knew when to listen sympathetically, and when to to tell me to snap out of it and get on with it. When I stayed up all night finishing my dissertation, he arrived in the morning with breakfast for me

At the moment we're in a LDR, because he's working in Africa. His contract got renewed for another three months, and he's arranging for me to come out to visit him in June (we haven't seen each other since early January)

Often it's the little things that mean the most though. He often knows if something has upset me, even if I'm putting on a brave face, and he'll squeeze my hand so I know he knows and that we can talk about it later when it's just us. He can make me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world, even if I'm having a yuck day.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

wow ^ best iv read!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 squalshy

He comes clothes shopping with me and makes sure I don't buy stuff that looks awful on (I have really bad fashion sense) And he absolutley hates shopping but he does it for me cause he's the best :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

We're house sharing in London atm and it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't expecting anything as we were finishing up college and everything was mental! Everyone was asleep and I was in the middle of dyeing my hair at like 1AM when I heard him call my name.

I wandered downstairs into the kitchen and he was standing there with a big double chocolate cake complete with candles. He filmed the whole thing while singing Happy Birthday to me. :o

He always makes birthday and anniversary cards for me. He rubs my tummy when I have bad period pain. He stays up all night with me if I have a really important deadline and I need help with it. He also plays with my hair when I'm falling asleep because he knows I love it! :D He makes me laugh so much and he always manages to make me smile no matter how sh*t I feel. He also keeps me grounded as I am quite hot-headed and hyper :p.

He knows how to tame me! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

nothing. my other half does nothing.

you are lucky people ha....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

He takes better care of me than I do myself. He drives me everywhere, buys me flowers, understands my moods, laughs at my jokes, he's a total gent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Now Your Talking

Long story so wont go into it, LDR her in Ireland and me in Canada so I would ring her when I could or she felt down or need a chat. When my dad passed away and as a little "thank you" for being there for me I made a DVD of all the songs that remided me of her and a CD and sent them to her when I flew back to canada with jelly tots in the package as we would say "miss you lots like jelly tots".
    I remember being out with work mates in canada and got back about 12 canadian time (5am Irish time) and got a message on my FB saying she lost friends was drunk and crying, I rang her and stayed with her till she got a cab and stayed chatting till she was home.
    Then her Ex came back into her life im still heartbroken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ViennaShamrock

ellieh1 wrote: »

how sweet is that :)

my boyfriend and I have 2 children ( 2 years and 5 months) and only last week, one night,there was a thunderstorm, during which my son usually wakes up a dozen times. My BF knew that there would be a really important day for me at work, the next day and I was really nervous about it, so he actually spent the whole night in their room, so I would get enough sleep:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sopick

Personally if i start strokeing any part of my o/h during the night I am hopeing I am going to get a particular part stroked....

But anyway back to the thread.... My other half just has to be herself for me to love her. The reason being she is extreamly affectionate and giddy and these are traits that i would never wish to loose.

I once told me other half that if i was blind i would love her more because her sheer beauty distracts me now(and no POGTFO)

But yes op its good to feel protected warm and loved...
    lol ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah oh my god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i dunno one girl i was seeing was having a crappy day so i made a silly paint picture on my computer and then emailed it to her :D....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ilovetosing

Last week my gf was feeling sh!t for various reasons(sick, bad interview) very moody and i supported her as best I could. It was a tough week and she is not one to overly express her feelings but when I met her after work friday she made a Best BF Award in "recognition of the sh!t I have to put up with" from time to time. We went on to have one of the best weekends we have spent together. That was something lovely that made me feel good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

He gives me little gental kisses 3/4 times during the night. It might wake me up but i wouldnt change it for the world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Makes me dinner most evenings. Id probably starve if it wasnt for him! Random kisses.
    When he goes to the shop for stuff he generally brings me back something nice. When Im in a mood or sad he wont bother me but if I want hime he will sit with me and just hug me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ViennaShamrock

We're house sharing in London atm and it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't expecting anything as we were finishing up college and everything was mental! Everyone was asleep and I was in the middle of dyeing my hair at like 1AM when I heard him call my name.

I wandered downstairs into the kitchen and he was standing there with a big double chocolate cake complete with candles. He filmed the whole thing while singing Happy Birthday to me. :o

He always makes birthday and anniversary cards for me. He rubs my tummy when I have bad period pain. He stays up all night with me if I have a really important deadline and I need help with it. He also plays with my hair when I'm falling asleep because he knows I love it! :D He makes me laugh so much and he always manages to make me smile no matter how sh*t I feel. He also keeps me grounded as I am quite hot-headed and hyper :p.

He knows how to tame me! ;)

that's so unbelievably sweet:D, it's good to have someone, who knows how to tame oneself isn't it?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

that's so unbelievably sweet:D, it's good to have someone, who knows how to tame oneself isn't it?;)

It is! He's my Squishy! :p

He just came home on his break with some chips for me! :)

Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement