Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**OFFICIAL THREAD** Co-Op Accommodation Swap

Options
  • 17-05-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

The Rules
    • DO NOT POST UNLESS you are looking for someone to take your accommodation in January or you are looking for accommodation from January. This thread is not for people who have accommodation that want to move elsewhere because they don't like their accommodation.
    • DO NOT REPLY HERE - send a PM to the user who wants to swap out of/into accommodation (click on their username over <- there and select "send private message")
    • KEEP THIS THREAD UP TO DATE - If you get sorted for somewhere to live/ someone to take your place, come back and let everyone know so that you don't end up with lots of PMs
    • DISCALIMER - Neither Boards.ie, ULSU, nor any members thereof take any responsibility for the quality of accommodation or any other loss that may be incurred through using this facility.
    • This facility is designed to bring people together to swap, do not seek advice on how to do so here. Please use the thread Welfare Queries.
    • DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES use this thread to start a conversation about:
      • where to live
      • quality of accommodation
      • pricing
      • landlords
        • Feel free to do the above here
    ULSU will be seeking to organise something more concrete over the coming months for these purposes, but for now this is what we've got.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Derek's clearly spelled out the thread rules, kudos for that, it's his idea and we're happy to help out. I'd strongly advise anyone posting to read them carefully. I'll just dump posts from people who haven't so please read them.

If time permits, anyone who wants a note added to their original post from me as time goes on saying that they're now sorted and to close off the "advert" (only for this reason), I'm happy to do so - send me a PM or put a note in the thread for that (it will take a few days for me to do that but should help).

Note again that this thread is for you only if you are looking for someone to take your accommodation in January or you are looking for accommodation from January. This thread is not for people who have accommodation that want to move elsewhere because they don't like their accommodation.

Oh and don't post your mobile phone numbers. Forum rules don't allow that:)

/mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cari

Im looking for someone to take over my room in Elm Park for the second semester i.e Jan- May if anyone is interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Amberw122

Looking for someone to take my room from after christmas.. in Milford grange!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

I am currently looking for a house with 5 other 2nd years (3 girls 2 boys) but will be going on erasmus from january to may if anyone would like to take my place when I leave? We will be most likely moving to Elm Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 helen D

hey, 3 double rooms (1 ensuite) available in briarfield from jan-may. €65 week. were going on coop so need people to swap with us...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dc90

4 bed semi-detached house in Hazelwood available to rent from jan 2011. 2 double rooms one with an ensuite, 2 single rooms. All rooms have desks and large wardrobes. Garden to the back of the house and 2 car parking spaces to the front of the house. Kitchen has a dishwasher, washing machine and drawer. Main bathroom and ensuite have a power shower. €75 a wk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It's coming to that time of the year, just giving this one a bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pinkdiamond

me and my friend (both girls) looking for accommodation in january when we're back from coop

preferably near as possible to campus and not inhabited by absolute psychos :P

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Looking for an Apartment for 2, coming back from Coop in January.
    Whether it has 1, 2 or 3 beds, it's not important, there's room in the rent willing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

ninty9er wrote: »
      ULSU will be seeking to organise something more concrete over the coming months for these purposes, but for now this is what we've got.

We're now on a more formalised basis.
      Click HERE for info

Can a Mod please lock the thread

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I know this thread is supposedly redundant cos of the ULSU site, but some people dont check that, and will only check here, and that is why I'm gonna advertise my room here also for anybody who might be interested:

Available:
      Ensuite room for rent in 14 Harvard Close, College Court, Castletroy from January 2011 [i.e. Second Semester]

Rent: €65 per week
      Wireless Broadband: €6 each per month (€48 per month divided amongst 6)
      Sky Television: €4 each per month (€4 per month divided amongst 6)
      ESB: €30 on average every 2 months

All mod cons - washing machine, tumble dryer, electric shower, microwave etc...

Living with 5 guys, studying arts, teaching, music, and also postgraduates

Reply here or PM me if interested.

/David

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Available:
      Room for rent in 3 The Birches, Briarfield, Castletroy from January 2011. Singles bed with large Desk and office chair and large wardrobe and bed locker.

Rent: €65 per week

Wireless Broadband (Magnet) + UPC television €12 per month

ESB + gas €30 every second month.

All mod cons - washing machine, tumble dryer, electric shower, microwave etc...

No en suite but sharing bathroom with 2 others, rest of rooms have en suites.

Living with 4 girls and 3 boys including myself. 3 are 4th years, 1 is 3rd year, 1 first and 1 taking a year out. Great house to live in I'm off on Co-op next semester.

Reply here or PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

5 College Court Drive

Double Room inclusive of a king size bed, chest of drawers,wardrobe,large office desk and full lenght mirror. Rent is €295 a month and includes the bins and the internet. Sharing with 5 other girls!

Advertisement