Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - how fast can i get connected?

• 17-05-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

We are mobinf to Dublin 1, and are looking for a internet provided, and for UPC seems to be the best choice (ie unlimited download etc).

How fast can we get connected, the prev. tenant had UPC installed earlier.
    Is there a shop where we can go and make the contract and get equipment with us instantly? Or is it just via internet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Call 1908

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

We ordered ours last tuesday by phone and it was installed 2 days later on the thursday, not sure if they allow you to pick the equipment up or not, best bet is to ring and ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

I ordered on a Saturday and it was installed the next Thursday, would have been within 2-3 days but wouldnt be anyone at home. Its very fast tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

FYI...the unlimited package isn't actually unlimited.

They have a 250gb per 30 days 'fair usage' limit.

They appear to be very quick at performing new installs, though you can be waiting an ice-age for an engineer if you ever need anything fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

FYI...the unlimited package isn't actually unlimited.

They have a 250gb per 30 days 'fair usage' limit.

They appear to be very quick at performing new installs, though you can be waiting an ice-age for an engineer if you ever need anything fixed.

Since when?

UPC have a fastr service and install turn around than anyone in the country.
    Now their service calls don't always fix things with the service calls (;)), but their average call out time is reported as 2-3 days.
    Exact same as their installs.

• Advertisement

Since when?

UPC have a fastr service and install turn around than anyone in the country.
    Now their service calls don't always fix things with the service calls (;)), but their average call out time is reported as 2-3 days.
    Exact same as their installs.

I've had a great many callouts from engineers and the average wait is 6 days for me.

I've had a great many callouts from engineers and the average wait is 6 days for me.

If you've had a large number of callouts then I'm guessing it's a network issue.
    Network issues aren't service calls, as they refer to a larger issue.

The service call average, (as in ringing in and saying i've got a problem, call out) is 2-3 working days, the exact same as the install turnaround.

Now as in the case with you it seems, these service calls are far from great and don't always fix the problems (a friend had a year of intermitant issues and service calls before their problem was resolved!), but the turn around is the same.

If you're call outs took longer then you're the exception my friend rather thn the norm.

People seem to think that UPC don't send techs out fast.
    That's not the issue from what I can see.
    It's who they're sending out in the first place!!!

If you've had a large number of callouts then I'm guessing it's a network issue.
    Network issues aren't service calls, as they refer to a larger issue.

The service call average, (as in ringing in and saying i've got a problem, call out) is 2-3 working days, the exact same as the install turnaround.

Now as in the case with you it seems, these service calls are far from great and don't always fix the problems (a friend had a year of intermitant issues and service calls before their problem was resolved!), but the turn around is the same.

If you're call outs took longer then you're the exception my friend rather thn the norm.

People seem to think that UPC don't send techs out fast.
    That's not the issue from what I can see.
    It's who they're sending out in the first place!!!

Perhaps. But maybe the quicker service you get is the exception. It may also depend on the area/city.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

call outs are two to three days all over the country its the exception to be longer than that

Perhaps. But maybe the quicker service you get is the exception. It may also depend on the area/city.

I remember UPc being very proud of the fact that they had the fastest call outs.

It's a head office thing I think.
    Over inHolland they recently announced promises of next day service calls.

It's the norm accross Europe, but in Ireland it's average to be waiting a week or more, as it used to be with NTL.

I guess it's part of UPC's "rebranding".

The announced it back abiut 2 years ago.

But as you said it might be an issue in your area if it's undermanned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement