Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early 3 upgrade call

Options
  • 17-05-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi

I am due to end my three contract next month and was due a call from them to extend my contract. Usually (this into year 5) they call in June, but surprisingly I got a call today from 3 Ireland with two options.

1] take an upgrade and extend my contract for another 12 months.. As part of this I was offered a Samsung Spica for 49 euros..

2] no upgrade and they will pay two of my monthly bills for me (just the standard bill, not any over use) over the next 12 months - i.e 12 months for the cost of 10 months..

I am on a really old plan that gives me 200 units for 18 euro a month which I think is excellent value..

So a couple of questions;
    1] why did they call me early this year?

2] say I don't find either offer too exciting - the free months are only going to save me 36 euro over the year, and I don't feel (rightly or wrongly) that the phone upgrade represents great value [ last year I got a LG viewty which I absolutely love and only cost me 20 euro upgrade].. Am I obliged to take either offer? What are my rights here, can I say - em no thanks, I'll just continue on my current price plan and no contract extension?

Any advice and ideas would be welcome, they are going to call back at the end of the week.. Also, different from last year, this call was from the Irish center and not the India center as was the case in the last 4 years..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you want a new phone get your upgrade, if not hold off on doing anything, don't take any special offers, 2 free mts extra as you may want a phone in the next few months from them.
    Just tell them your ok for the moment, you do know there now giving the iphone on upgrade and the htc desire will be out any day now, if your getting an iphone they'll want to move you to relax 150 but you'll get double units for 6mts and 1GB of internet every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If you take the two free months then does that prevent you getting a cheap phone upgrade for 12 months? I'm sullen because I ended up gettin.g a so free desire and I don't want to waste any possible good deal for 12 months just in case I do need to get a replacement phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Yeah. Afaik if you take the two months free you don't get a handset for another 12 months.

Op just to let you know you don't have to take either. You can keep your upgrade for as long as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CCOLGAN

Thanks for the replies - I am not going to take either offer and keep as is for the time being.. I am not really happy with either offer to be honest .. I did ask about the iphone and they said no chance unless I move to relax 350 which is 49 euro a month....

Thanks again ....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

CCOLGAN wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies - I am not going to take either offer and keep as is for the time being.. I am not really happy with either offer to be honest .. I did ask about the iphone and they said no chance unless I move to relax 350 which is 49 euro a month....

Thanks again ....:)

And how much did they offer it to you for on Relax 350? Was it 18 month contract also? Thanks?

• Advertisement

I don't think a price was mentioned to be honest, it was like:

me - do you offer the iphone
    her - yes we do, but you need to be on the relax 350 @ 49 euro a month to qualify, would you be interested in that plan
    me - nope, not really
    her - ok, well you have your two options so, will call back Friday to get an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can get it on relax 150 as well, double units and 1Gb of interent included, think you were just talking to the wrong person.

Yeah probably - she was not very helpful at all really - just was pressuring me to sign up for another 12 months..

Advertisement