Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Printing

• 17-05-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Probably been covered here before,but I am looking to do a lot of prints from 7x5 up to A3 in size,anyone suggest a decent printer etc set up ,budget around €500,any help grateful thx:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

have a look on ebay for Epson printers .... I used to have a 2100 which was top of the line at some point....a few years ago ... sold it on adverts for less than €200 .... inks aint cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

PCPhoto wrote: »
    have a look on ebay for Epson printers .... I used to have a 2100 which was top of the line at some point....a few years ago ... sold it on adverts for less than €200 .... inks aint cheap though.

[/QUOTE
    Cheers Paddy will scour ebay!!If I get time at work:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I'd agree on Epson. You can get an R800 new for a few hundred quid.. it's an excellent home printer for up to like 8x10's-ish. (A4) no larger.

The R1900 and R2100 are a bit larger with the same ink set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

The Epson R1900 is great and will do prints up to A3+ or a 13" by 44" panoramic. Check elara.ie for them, they are around the €500 mark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Or the older R1800 (same as the R1900 really) You should be able to pick one up for €300. Does up to A3+ or 13" panoramics off a roll.

The only problem with these printers is that the ink is very expensive so you'd want to be printing a fair bit to make them cost effective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

That reminded me of something common to pretty much all pigment-based ink printers... You WANT to print with them regularly.. otherwise nozzles will get gummed up & you'll end up with streaky pictures for a few prints. (try to use them at least once a month.. once a week is even better!

Ballyman wrote: »
    Or the older R1800 (same as the R1900 really) You should be able to pick one up for €300. Does up to A3+ or 13" panoramics off a roll.

The only problem with these printers is that the ink is very expensive so you'd want to be printing a fair bit to make them cost effective.

Advertisement