Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLRCoCo will no longer collect bins

Options
  • 17-05-2010 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭

link
    Important Notice for Customers of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council’s Household Waste Service
    The Council will cease providing a ‘grey’ and ‘green’ bin household
    waste service from July 2010 .

The Council has invited tenders with a view to appointing a contractor who will offer a ‘grey’ and a ‘green’ bin service together with a new ‘brown’ bin service to all its existing customers at a competitive price. The contractor will also be required to honour the Council’s Waiver Scheme.

Customers are advised that they do not need to make any alternative arrangements for a waste service and that they should continue to leave their bins out for collection as per usual. We will keep customers updated on our website site www.dlrcoco.ie and on Aertel page 630. We will be writing to our customers as soon as possible giving details of the proposed new service that will be provided from July 2010.

The Council wishes to acknowledge and express its appreciation for the loyal support of its customers over recent years.

So yet another council job outsourced to private contractors. I wonder what impact this will have on service (probably cheaper, going by Panda). I wonder also what will happen to the staff that are no longer required. I would assume there would be a reasonable number surplus from this move.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I wonder what impact this will have on service (probably cheaper, going by Panda).

Just watch the Panda and Greenstar prices shoot up now they've got the council off the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Have seen a few more panda vans about switching bins.

Its was a stupid system to put in place anyway, having two seperate groups covering the same roads, twice the traffic. You have panda truck doing the same routes as council trucks, its not efficient. Should have tendered whole areas out in the first place, so one company covers one area, the council a seperate area

Should have tendered whole areas out in the first place, so one company covers one area, the council a seperate area

Fully agree, but the Supreme Court has just stopped Dublin City Council from doing just this - it is anti-competitive apparently. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Fully agree, but the Supreme Court has just stopped Dublin City Council from doing just this - it is anti-competitive apparently. :mad:

anti-competitive to switch the system now that private companies have set up, I guess there wasn't enough thought put into it when the system was first introduced

anti-competitive to switch the system now that private companies have set up,
    Not from what I read of the court reports.

• Advertisement
Advertisement