Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A1 waste

Options
  • 17-05-2010 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hi All .

I called A1 waste on Thursday to order a Skip for Saturday

I paid €129 via laser on friday

The skip never arrived on Saturday and I have been trying to call them all day and there is just a recorded voice saying nobody in office

I know there lost a court battle on friday and others have Skips in there driveways but mine never arrived

Is there any way I can get my money back Quick

I called my Bank and they said because A1 took the money I would have to chase it up with them

Anything else I can do

Link to A1 thread on Boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055913531

Link to news story on Friday
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0514/landfill.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

according to a caller on joe duffy , they have ceased trading , could be a while before you get money back if you get it back at all

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭emmiou

I'm waiting to have a prepaid skipbag collected since last friday too - rang them today (different number than on bag/receipt/website) and was told their trucks would be back on the road Wednesday/Thursday... hmmm guess I'll have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

emmiou wrote: »
    I'm waiting to have a prepaid skipbag collected since last friday too - rang them today (different number than on bag/receipt/website) and was told their trucks would be back on the road Wednesday/Thursday... hmmm guess I'll have to wait and see.

Can you PM the number you called

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Down side of paying with laser, had you paid with credit card you'd be covered if they've gone under

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0514/landfill.html

The High Court has granted an order closing the country's most complained about landfill.

The Environmental Protection Agency had sought the order before the court to close down the licensed landfill near Naas in Co Kildare.

The landfill in Kerrdiffstown is connected to one of Dublin's largest waste firms, A1 Waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Just saw one of there trucks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

We paid by laser for a skip which hasn't been delivered.
    We were on to bank yesterday and they said the payment is "pending" but because the service has not been delivered they might be able to do something if the payment goes through and the service is still not delivered.
    Not sure whether they were just plamasing us or not but at least a sliver of hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I called A1 today and the Voicemail says the skips will be delivered and collected tomorrow

Still no one picking up the phones

I called A1 today and the Voicemail says the skips will be delivered and collected tomorrow

Still no one picking up the phones
    Ok - maybe some hope. Just checked and our payment has gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭zg3409

A friend of mine has received the skip and now has a full skip blocking the driveway. How the hell is he supposed to get rid of it?

Just a warning, if you are ordering a skip, and it does arrive, there is also a worse problem of possibly it never being collected.

So think twice, no skip is probably better than having one of their skips dumped outside your door.

• Advertisement

zg3409 wrote: »
    A friend of mine has received the skip and now has a full skip blocking the driveway. How the hell is he supposed to get rid of it?

Just a warning, if you are ordering a skip, and it does arrive, there is also a worse problem of possibly it never being collected.

So think twice, no skip is probably better than having one of their skips dumped outside your door.

When did it arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭zg3409

a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭emmiou

My skipbag was just collected. Hope everything goes well for you.

Advertisement