Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any parking recommendations - Cork airport?

Options
  • 17-05-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭

I'm flying out from Cork next week and will be away for a week and I'm hoping to avoid getting screwed over with airport parking fees and was wondering if there is any handy alternative to paying overpriced fares?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's 2. The first option is 5 euro a day, when you get to the airport roundabout, instead of taking the 3 O'Clock exit for the airport, take the 9 O'Clock, and they're on the left. They operate a shuttle bus to the terminal.

The second option is a new business called CAPS, or Cork Airport Park Services. They're in the Airport Business Park, and as far as I can tell, offer serious value for money. For a week, it's 45 Euro, but they'll also give your car a valet including steam cleaning, wheel washing, tyre gel, dashboard polishing and door sills cleaned. They also offer a shuttle bus to the terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

There's 2. The first option is 5 euro a day, when you get to the airport roundabout, instead of taking the 3 O'Clock exit for the airport, take the 9 O'Clock, and they're on the left. They operate a shuttle bus to the terminal.

The second option is a new business called CAPS, or Cork Airport Park Services. They're in the Airport Business Park, and as far as I can tell, offer serious value for money. For a week, it's 45 Euro, but they'll also give your car a valet including steam cleaning, wheel washing, tyre gel, dashboard polishing and door sills cleaned. They also offer a shuttle bus to the terminal.

Cheers for the info.

What's the name of this crowd you first mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Honestly, not a clue. They've got signage as you get close to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Yep, would recommend these guys, way cheaper than the airport! Only used them once though, had no problems with the shuttle bus, they only have one (as far as I know) but it was constantly goes back and forth so there isn't much delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Contact the Cork International Airport Hotel. I know they do stay and park deals. They might do just park deals as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I've seen those signs for the €5/day parking & wondered what the story was with it myself. Here's their website: http://www.airportparkingsite.ie/airport_view_parking_cork

There's directions & map on there. It says you actually drive down to the airport in your own car so you can just walk straight in with your luggage. Then they drive it back & park it for you. Then they pick you up when you get back & you give them a lift back to the carpark. No need for a shuttle bus.

I put in the dates for my next holiday & got a quote of €34, that's verus €49 in the Airport. Cost me €58.50 IIRC last time because I came back a few hours later than I arrived, so got charged for 8 days.

Might use it next time, sounds good.

That crowd offer parking at the hotel as well. Worked out at €40 for a week for the dates I put in.
    http://www.airportparkingsite.ie/cork_international_hotel_park_and_fly

Advertisement