Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What might have been... (Alex Reid)

• 17-05-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2975808/Katie-Price-and-Alex-Reid-its-fight-time.html

Love the picture of fake Alex and Katie...

PS the article failed to mention that Watson won his fight against Matt Horwich by decision.

Full results, War Machine and Petruzelli on the card too.
    Martin McDonagh def. Mike Wood via Submission (Triangle Choke) R1 - 3:52
    Phil Harris def. Neil Seery via unanimous decision
    Ashleigh Grimshaw def. Paul Reed via TKO (Punches) R2 - 1:04
    Jeff Lawson def. David Lee via Submission (Armbar) R1 - 0:57
    Carl Noon def. Mike Ling via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) R1 - 3:48
    Simeon Thoresen def. John Maguire via unanimous decision
    Mark Adams def. Alan Omer via unanimous decision
    War Machine def. Zach Light via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) R1 - 1:09
    Rob Sinclair def. Daniel Weichel via TKO (Punches) R1 - 4:03
    Seth Petruzelli def. Ryan White via Submission (Armbar) R1 - 1:07
    Tom Watson def. Matt Horwich via unanimous decision

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Thats one short ass show.

How was War Machine allowed in the country? Seriously

Matt Horwich is a serious character love listening to his interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Neil Seery of Team Ryano lost a very tight decision on that card. Apparently GSP was in Watson's corner anyone confirm that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

It is on Bravo this Friday @ 11pm. Not sure on the GSP thing but Watson does train with him at Jacksons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

wasnt gunni meant to be on that card?

and there wouldnt have been any other result in the tom watson fight, that alex reid is a bluffer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Odats wrote: »
    It is on Bravo this Friday @ 11pm. Not sure on the GSP thing but Watson does train with him at Jacksons.

GSP and Denis Kang were both in Tom's corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Yet another win via armbar for lawson. Think thats 7 of his career wins by armbar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

I was at the event and GSP and Kang were not there.

Watson was given the decision, but there is no way he won the fight, luckily Horwich brought his bible into the ring so he was able to turn the other cheek when he was robbed.

Neill Seery is such a class act, if he had gotten started a little bit quicker he would have taken that fight, still great to watch him.

The fake Alex and Katie were great crack, almost as funny as the Tom "Kong" Watson supporter who bounced an inflatable banana off Alex Reid's head, then just stood in the aisle with his arms raised basking in the adulation of the anti-Reid crowd, he was then promptly ejected from the venue. Not like the guy in front of my who threw a plastic bottle of heineken (waste!) at them, didn't hit them, but wasn't identified either. More partisan bouncing ensued when a girl threw another inflatable banana at MMA's most infamous couple, they security staff knew who she was but didn't throw her out, slack bouncing there and no mistake.

Show was good, production levels super high as you would expect. Impressed me by starting right on the minute they said they would, annoyed me with giant breaks between fights.

Also, slightly unrelated, someone needs to find work for the Lost Smoke Monster now the show is over, as he is playing hell with flights, I only got back in the country yesterday because of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

I was at the event and GSP and Kang were not there.

Really?

Marc Goddard must be mistaken then, I imagine he'll be quite embarrassed when he find out he was driving around a couple of imposters.

Really?

Marc Goddard must be mistaken then, I imagine he'll be quite embarrassed when he find out he was driving around a couple of imposters.

Okay I should qualify, they were not at cageside as far as I could tell, and I didn't see them hanging around near the locker room, I made a couple fly-bys there to see who was hanging about.

Its always possible they were there and I just didn't see them of course, I would have thought they would have got them up on the big screen if they were?

Just found a reference to GSP being at the event in a report so I obviously missed him, my apologies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

Why would he even turn up? he must of known he was gonna get slated! unless he was contractually obliged to show his face? did tom mention him after the fight at all???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

peter p wrote: »
    Why would he even turn up? he must of known he was gonna get slated! unless he was contractually obliged to show his face? did tom mention him after the fight at all???

Paper doesn't refuse ink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

This is on Bravo now. GSP Was interviewed so definitely there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH8B_dJ26HA

Think he should take up football :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

anybody else notice Alex Reid say he went for a run then done a hard sparring session........didnt he pull out through an injury??? GSP and Kang were deffo both in Watson's corner....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I watched the main event on bravo last night, fairly entertaining fight.....but really thought the audio was WAY out of sinc as I could have sworn the commentators were watching a different fight.

IMO Watson wasn't even close to a win on points. He was taken down consistantly & constantly throughout the fight. Was not controlling the fight for 90% of it and was VERY nearly choked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Judomad wrote: »
    anybody else notice Alex Reid say he went for a run then done a hard sparring session........didnt he pull out through an injury??? GSP and Kang were deffo both in Watson's corner....

No he pulled out because he wasnt in proper condition for a fight. He hadnt been training hard and was on a holiday weekend a few days before he pulled out.

Devastator wrote: »
    IMO Watson wasn't even close to a win on points. He was taken down consistantly & constantly throughout the fight. Was not controlling the fight for 90% of it and was VERY nearly choked out.

Agreed, Kong lost decisively but had the benefit of being at home!

Advertisement