Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May Fly Season on the Lough Derg

Options
  • 17-05-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I haven't been yet on Derg to fish but was hoping to go during the week or next week end. I had poor reports on the fishing activity. Not a lot of fish rising apparently.

have you noticed the same ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

yes a lot of loughs are still a bit slow or so it seems...we have the harsh winter to thank for that........this week the weather is to get milder and fly fishing should improve this week and next..............

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Depends on where on the lake you are heading.

I mainly pike fish there, but over the last week or so I have seen decent numbers of trout rising. There are some large hatches of Mayfly on the west side of the lake, and some big brownies were taken on the fly last week.

Advertisement