Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop - Budget - 500-800

Options
  • 17-05-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have a budget of 500-800 for a laptop.

Most important things...

1. As much processing power as i can get for the money.
    2. As much memory as i can get for the money.
    3. graphics- not so important
    4. installed OS - not so important
    5. 15" screen is sufficient.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Have two of THESE in the house and can't fault them. :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭balducci

http://stores.shop.ebay.ie/LuzernTech

I've bought a few refurb items off these guys and they've always worked out - 2 flat screen tvs, a laptop, desktop, home cinema - all still going strong at a fraction of their retail price.
    plus, they're in blanch if something does go wrong - easy returns procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I've used these guys in the past - no problems, would be even better if you can use your VAT number;)
    http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/

To be honest though, the dell.ie ain't too bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Thanks guys. I have followed gadgetman & glenbhoy's advice and gone with that Acer deal via laptopsdirect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭mark2000ie

balducci wrote: »
    http://stores.shop.ebay.ie/LuzernTech

I've bought a few refurb items off these guys and they've always worked out - 2 flat screen tvs, a laptop, desktop, home cinema - all still going strong at a fraction of their retail price.
    plus, they're in blanch if something does go wrong - easy returns procedure.

I bought 42 inch Philips tv from LuzernTech and the TV broke after 2 years and they would do nothing at all for me and am not the only one that same thing has happened to, would not go near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

mark2000ie wrote: »
    I bought 42 inch Philips tv from LuzernTech and the TV broke after 2 years and they would do nothing at all for me and am not the only one that same thing has happened to, would not go near them.
    I did have a look - they only had 1 laptop and it was on auction as opposed to 'buy it now' - so wouldn't have the patience for that! They offered a 3 month warranty with it.

I wouldnt have any problem buying a used desktop - as they are far more robust....but laptops, lcds, plasma's, etc - theres a lot more risk I'd imagine...

Advertisement