Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shopping website comments/feedback please

Options
  • 17-05-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I am setting up an online shop to sell Jewellery. All stock arrived and website is up. I am showing website to family and friends to get feedback and comments. Can you please have a look to this website and let me know whether I need to add or remove anything from a design point of view. Any comments welcome. Thanks for all your advice so far.

Website address www.glitters.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

This is your site without images or css... http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:www.glitters.ie/index.php&hl=en&strip=1. Not very SEO is it? Way to image heavy and not nearly enough text.

It's not HTML4 valid (22 errors). I wouldn't normally mention that only you have the button saying it is:p.

On the payment selection page I'd let people know that they'll be paying via paypal. "For your peace of mind we process all payments through paypal... blah blah blah" I'd also invest the €100 or so it cost for an SSL cert on the checkout pages. Will pay for itself in the end.

The site seems to function well and loads fast (even with 99% of content being image based). OsCommerce if I'm not mistaken?

Something I find extremely important on any e-commerce site is product image quality and yours seems to be quiet good.

Overall not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Yup, too much graphics and very little text means you're going get hammered SEO-wise and you really, really need it.

The URLs are non-descriptive too, again bad for SEO. Same for usage product codes as opposed to something more descriptive.

The validation button and stuff can be dumped, it's only relevant to developers and as mentioned, there's errors.

Not keen on the sparkling going on, it's been proven to be a distraction.

The grey text links at the page bottom need much more contrast.

Some of the images have poor contrast e.g. the pearl earrings.

Some of the email addresses are not mailto links.

Contact us and feedback could be merged.

gl/hth

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ronan007

Thanks Scotty and Tricky for your valuable comments. Will forward this to my developer and see what can be done. Thanks again

Advertisement