Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble Finiding a Toilet Part

• 17-05-2010 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to find a part to repair the flushing mechanism on a toilet. It looks similar to this one here. The difference is the one I'm looking for has a hexagonal hole which attaches to the handle rather than a square one. The body of it is slanted too.
    I've checked a few shops around Dublin and have been looking online but can only find the square ones.
    Can anyone point me to the right place?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Your looking for a particular type of pvc lift arm, i think we have a few in the shop if thats any help :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You can get them in a few places. Excel indusries in coolmine dublin exports them, Call them and ask for your nearest agent.. An easier problem solver for you might be to replace the whole lever and the arm.

pm me where roughly you are living if you are having trouble and i will advise you more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

better off replacing it with a brass lift arm
    brass lift arm.jpg
    which are available in most plumber providers.

sullzz wrote: »
    better off replacing it with a brass lift arm
    brass lift arm.jpg
    which are available in most plumber providers.

Nope they are not...Sorry. The most popular are the plastic the op is looking for. A plumbers providers buys them for about 6c and sells them for 1 euro. Where as brass is more expensive and turns green causing the screw to seize on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

I had a similar issue ended up putting in a new flush system just could not get the part.:mad:

• Advertisement

Nope they are not...Sorry. The most popular are the plastic the op is looking for. A plumbers providers buys them for about 6c and sells them for 1 euro. Where as brass is more expensive and turns green causing the screw to seize on it.

dont be sorry :)
    your right they are the most popular but it doesnt mean they are the best , probably most popular as they are the cheapest , anybody who has a fair bit of experience plumbing would recommend fitting a brass lift arm when a plastic one breaks , i work in a lot of office blocks , schools factories etc , and any management company / building manager always request that they be fitted when plastic ones give way .
    as far as the screw becoming siezed i have never come across that and have been at handles / syphons where the lift arm has been fitted for years and have never had a problem undoing the nut.
    i know the op probably wants it for his house and not for a commercial situation as i have been describing but if looking for a replacement one i would recommend a brass one as it will last for years longer than a plastic one , and are really not that expensive , prob a euro more than the plastic;)

dont be sorry :)
    your right they are the most popular but it doesnt mean they are the best , probably most popular as they are the cheapest , anybody who has a fair bit of experience plumbing would recommend fitting a brass lift arm when a plastic one breaks , i work in a lot of office blocks , schools factories etc , and any management company / building manager always request that they be fitted when plastic ones give way .
    as far as the screw becoming siezed i have never come across that and have been at handles / syphons where the lift arm has been fitted for years and have never had a problem undoing the nut.
    i know the op probably wants it for his house and not for a commercial situation as i have been describing but if looking for a replacement one i would recommend a brass one as it will last for years longer than a plastic one , and are really not that expensive , prob a euro more than the plastic;)

Again thats not true. The wakest part of the whole system is actually the C Link arm.. and they are always metal...They just bend from stress..Its clear however in your case the brass is more important.

thats right the c-link is the weakest , not from stress but from being submerged in water

thats right the c-link is the weakest , not from stress but from being submerged in water

Now we are going around in circles... You reckon change the arm to brass to strengthen it but acknowledge now its the C link thats the weakest. I dont care the reasons its weak your agreeing with me. The C link costs about a euro and can be replaced in about 30 seconds. So water is not an issue as there is no other material its made from.

forget about it joey , your missing the point

• Advertisement
Advertisement