Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hello Magazine Cover photo

• 17-05-2010 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

Latest cover of Hello Magazine has a photo of Prince Harry and his girlfriend Chelsy. The photo of Chelsy is dreadful, are standards dropping ?
    What do you think ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Linky???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

oshead wrote: »
    Linky???

Don't have link, I just saw the Mag at the newsagents.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Sure what do you expect from a glossy version of a tabloid full of self indulgent, fluff articles. Many of the photos are repetitive, generic photo shoots while the rest is usual trashy tabloid fodder.

I wouldn't waste time worrying about it.

Sure what do you expect from a glossy version of a tabloid full of self indulgent, fluff articles. Many of the photos are repetitive, generic photo shoots while the rest is usual trashy tabloid fodder.

I wouldn't waste time worrying about it.

Have you seen the photo ? Honestly I am not worried about it but it is not the usual high glam photo usually seen on the cover.

• Advertisement

rowanh wrote: »

Yes thats the one, her face has been given very bad processing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Gimmie Kate Middleton anyday.....lol at thread btw. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

There's one of Sandra Bullock and her son in the current issue of Hello that's shockingly bad. Loads of motion blur and oversharpened in an attempt to compensate. Can't find a link but if you have a look at the magazine you'll know which one I'm on about...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i wouldn't worry personally... like looking at one fat girl and thinking all women are getting ugly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

wow...really?

Publications like "Hello" are responsible for wha we now know as "papparazi".

Are standards slipping?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Yes thats the one, her face has been given very bad processing.
    That's how her face looks. She always goes over the top with the makeup and fake tan.

i wouldn't worry personally... like looking at one fat girl and thinking all women are getting ugly...
    What was that about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 paulydub

Its a cheap issue there selling it for £1. maybe thats why the poor photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Effects wrote: »
    That's how her face looks. She always goes over the top with the makeup and fake tan.

That was my thinking looking at it. More like they didn't process the image and showed how terrible she can look.

WHo cares anyhow? It's a magazine for numpties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I suspect that standards aint dropping but a carefully selected marketing strategy

Prince Harry + Girlfriend Chelsey = lots of sales = £££££££££

Its like the Irish tabloids - put a killer on the front page and sales go through the roof.

I agree - pretty awful shot of lesser "quality" than what they normally produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Can someone explain what the fuss is about ? The photo looks grand to me:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Same here.

I think it's people are used to seeing more shiney glam images on those covers? That shot is just ... plain. Hardy terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

Its a candid shot caught on the fly! no big lighting set up for the glam shots that they mostly put on the cover. Dont see the big deal........

Covey wrote: »
    Can someone explain what the fuss is about ? The photo looks grand to me:confused:

Covey, there is no fuss. I made an observation on a photo on the cover of a mag.

Advertisement