Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New roasting dish

Options
  • 17-05-2010 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Probably a dumb question but I got a new stainless roasting dish over the weekend and was wondering do you need to treat it in any way before first use or just give it a wash and off I go. In case it make any difference the first thing I'll be using it for will be some stuffed chicken fillets so I dont want them to burn to the base or be ruined by something on the dish from manufacture.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just wash and go!!
    Stainless steel pans can be a bit sticky but you'll probably be fine:D

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

The stickiness should be fun ok, the plan is to use it for making sauces from roasting juices on the hob so I thought stainless would be best. Got any suggestions to help avoid things sticking, maybe use a wire rack or would things just slip through and have the wire cooked into whatever I was roasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

To help with the stickiness issue you could indeed use a wire rack.

Generally, when I am roasting meat I smear the bottom of the pan with olive oil, cut an onion into thick slices & lay the meat on this. Maybe also slot in a few unpeeled cloves of garlic too.

With chicken I occasionally include a few thick slices of lemon. With lamb I make a bed of rosemary, for beef I use thyme (both herbs I keep on the stems).

All of the above help towards making a nice gravy.

Advertisement