Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation

• 17-05-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

We have just completed changing the windows and doors in a standard 3 bed semi. The next thing on the agenda is insulation before the winter...

I am currently thinking about getting the cavities pumped so just wondering if anyone has got this done recently and can recommend someone in the dublin area?

Also what questions should I be asking them?

Thanks
    Kev.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

There are grants available if you get walls insulated and your attic insulated.
    Cavity wall insulation, dry lining or external wall insulation.
    Check out SEI webpage for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭kevgaa

Thanks,

I had a look at the HSE grant and the registered users? Just wondeirng has anybody had thsi work done in dublin before and if they can recommend a contractor...

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

if is cavity block built the 9' type then you are better off with Dry and external.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 passivetony

The SEAI have a list of contractors on their site, all their work is open to inspection from the SEAI. So you should be safe enough with one of them. Its a job for life what goes in stays in, so make sure you pick the right product. The silver bead is supposed to be better than fiber because you still have a vapour barrier. The u value will have to .27 wall .16 attic to avail of the grants. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

kevgaa wrote: »
    Thanks,

I had a look at the HSE grant and the registered users? Just wondeirng has anybody had thsi work done in dublin before and if they can recommend a contractor...

I got it done by a guy in mullingar who was very good and reasonable.I'll pm the name if you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement