Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inadequacy of UPC

Options
  • 17-05-2010 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

An example of the appallingly poor levels of customer service available for customers of UPC (Chorus \NTL )

Sent: 17 May 2010 16:42
    To: 'Customer.Support@upc.ie'
    Subject: FW: Inadequeacy of UPC

Hi

I’m amazed at the incompetency of your service. I have sent the below email to Sky to congratulate them on how far ahead they are competitively.

I have also furnished the same details with a complaint to Consumers Association of Ireland.

Regards,

Sent: 17 May 2010 16:35
    To: 'skydigital@bskyb.com'
    Subject: Inadequeacy of UPC

Hi

Unfortunately I am not a customer of Sky. I have just received the following email from an ex- flatmate in relation to the closure of a Chorus/ NTL account a few months ago.

Regards,

Sent: 17 May 2010 15:39
    To:
    Subject: UPC...

Alright lads... I got a call from UPC just now.

Basically there is an outstanding charge on my account of about €140 relating to the "non return" of the original digital box (this would have/should have been replaced when they called out to give ye a new box etc when Gearoid took over the account from me late last year).

She gave me a number (but doesn't have a name) of the technician who would have replaced the box, he should have taken the old one with him but it seems not... hence the charge...

Can somebody give him a shout pls... 086 3279648..UPC are saying if they cannot retreive the box then the 140 will still have to be paid.

If ye don't have any joy with this guy, can ye get on to UPC directly as I don't know why they are contacting me.
    Cheers...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

What has this got to do with satellite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

I don't think that lad will appreciate his mobile number being posted on a public forum either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

It's not a Satellite issue, I don't understand the logic behind your email to SKY.

At best this is consumer issue for which there is a separate forum here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Great 1st post (not)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

kbell wrote: »
    I don't think that lad will appreciate his mobile number being posted on a public forum either...

If you call the number you get a "thank you for calling Chrous/NTL" message. How odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 shift4311

Have you tried ringing them? I have no complaints other than waiting for them to answer, but when they do they are helpfull and polite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 conorbyrneirl

UPC have taken over our tv service recently...wow I thought Broadworks were bad...their customer service is awful. They just see everything with UPC eyes...they dont think about things from the consumer perspective. For example, my TV was off for 2 full days, I spoke to a neighbour who told me that UPC were fixing it (so they knew there was a problem). The service is still patchy in my area and when I called to let them know about that, I said I wanted credit on my account for the 2 days I was without TV (remember their engineers were on site and knew about it). But because I didnt call them and tell them I cant get credit! Seriously..so I have to tell you about a fault you already know about and if I dont I have to pay for your service??

How about this....you knew there was a problem, you knew the area where there was a problem, so go into the accounts and credit the customers in that area. Simple.

Imagine the goodwill that would create (especially as we now have the option of sky to switch to)

Now that would be "Changing for the better" it would be a real way to show that you are committed to "bringing you the services you deserve" and that you are "committed to offering our customers excellent service at all times"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

This is a satellite forum, enough with the UPC stuff.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Tony wrote: »
    This is a satellite forum, enough with the UPC stuff.

+1 This thread has nothing to do with Satellite

Advertisement