Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Competition] Mad for Style? Go Doo-Lally.com!

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Thinking a thong went on the other way around. Neighbours never looked at me the same again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

lol back when i was 15, green legwarmers, linkin park t, heavy HEAVY eyeliner, pink and black tights! colour clash much! i thought i looked great though lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

In all honesty...

A pair of camoflauge combats from oxfam AND a neon pink/orange/blue wooly poncho with flowers on the front and multicoloured tassels all worn with old school 90's Cica runners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭carrot_flowers

A side ponytail, an oversized pink jumper and rainbow leggings. Wth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭carrot_flowers

OH! Actually, I just thought of a worse one. When I was 14 I made long chains with safety pins and covered my all black outfit (just jeans and a long sleeve T, but...) with them. Entirely. People used to come up to me and ask for a safety pin...! Oh, and I got a few good pokes sitting down. Fun! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Oh dear! I have had a bazillion fashion disasters, but for me among the worst I have worn was a bad choice of layering! I had an orange top over a long black and orange strippey patterned dress( which had splits at the side) teamed with pink leggings and dark purple glittery lurex ankle socks with black open toed shoes!

I only wore it cos it was the fashion, the now, the happening! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Anyone know when the winner is going to be announced? :)

(The suspense is killing me! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wore a yellow stripped top and it didnt look good on me as I'm big busted I looked like Dolly Parton

• Registered Users Posts: 19 geraldino

had a pair of nice ice-white shoes - very comfortable but scuffed and a bit shabby. decided to dicky them up for a holiday in Stockholm by painting them in white emulsion paint. Imagine my horror when the paint began to flake off during a shower of rain. A really awful fashion horror!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KatyaS

Oh well.....when i was 14 i was wearing very heavy bagy pants with tight t-shirt, pink glasses and crazy make-up....i tought it was pretty cool...but it was ugly:))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I think the one memory I have is having Crimped blonde hair with tie dye t-shirts and tore jeans.. I guess I thought I looked like Madonna :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭orl

During the last recession I could not get a summer job the summer after my leaving cert. So I didn't want to put my parents to the expense of buying me a debs dresss. I borrowed a bridesmaid dress off my aunt who was 16 years older. I was a vision in lilac - it was up to my colllar bone, 3/4 length sleeves and full length. Yes,it also had matching shoes covered with lilac material.

Needless to mention my make-up was similarly hideous. sunshimmer tan for the small amount of flesh I was revealing and blue eyeshadow to my browbone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Boydsey14

In the 70s I went to a disco wearing my friends white suit, John Travolta like.. But the pants were too short, and I was wearing platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

bought a shirt once that had velcro instead of buttons on it - the lads thought it was great craic to keep ripping it open while we were on a night out drinking!! Dont know why I bothered to keep closing it - should have just left it open so they'd leave me alone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Radiotower wrote: »
    bought a shirt once that had velcro instead of buttons on it - the lads thought it was great craic to keep ripping it open while we were on a night out drinking!! Dont know why I bothered to keep closing it - should have just left it open so they'd leave me alone!!

*ding ding ding*

We have a winner! :D That's brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

sandals with black socks! 'nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭geckotime

My Mum knitted me a white Aran wool short sleeved jumper with three brown duffel buttons that opened from the neckline down and bought a me a pair of burgundy velvet shorts, white socks and brown sandals to wear with it for my brothers confirmation. We spent two days visiting relatives. I was 15 at the time :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Sharlovesjohn

Had one of those puffy jackets as a kid - mine was lime green YUCK! Worn it for two years straight before my mother decided it was time to get something new. another time my mother dressed myself and my two sisters in tartan dresses for a wedding rotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jtac

Theres three that stand out,all in the early 90's.
    A multicoloured shell suit,i wouldnt mind if the colours were nice but they were luminous pink/green/yellow+orange!!!I also had a hairband and runners to match.

The second is a off the shoulder one piece short suit with a fruit design on it and a ruffle on the shoulder part!!Again I had matching shoes and hairband!!

Lastly,as much as i love take that,this was definitely a fashion disaster.A take that tshirt,jeans with take that on the back pockets,take that rain jacket,take that bag,take that hairband(no shoes this time!) and add in some accesories too.And i didnt just wear these to the concerts either!!

Sadly I also have pictures of all 3 so they will haunt me forever!
    :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭catlovesmike

Worst fashion faux pas? Easily when i rocked the billy ray cyrus hairstyle from the 90's (im a girl...it didnt work) with fluro ankle socks (layered, two different colors) and the best bit??? A hugu puffy bubble skirt that made me (and many, many others) look like pregnant wombats! Arrgggghhhhh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

A chequered black and green wooly shirt which I wore to a school disco when I was 12 and had to immediately take off (*luckily* I had a vomit-yellow turtleneck underneath) because a boy from down the road was wearing the exact same one!!! :(

(I punched him in the face later that night. Not sure if it was shirt related).

Oh and rewind about three years before that - a hot pink pair of bicycle shorts with a vivid purple t-shirt which I saved up for months to wear to my sports day, only to get really sick that morning on the bus and have to go back home!!!

(My worst outfits were always associated with external trauma now that I think about it :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

The winners have been picked by Doo-Lally and PMs are on the way - congratulations to Wyrn's awful wooly jumpers and Ash23's missing trousers :D - I'm sending you both a PM to get the details squared away.

Thank you to everyone who entered and to Doo-Lally.com for making it all happen.

Dav

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement