Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Covering

Options
  • 17-05-2010 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi Folks,

Ok, this may be the wrong forum, as this is certainly not literature, so apologies if it is and feel free to move.

I am looking for somewhere in Dublin to get a lot of my paper back books covered. A lot of my books, especially my favs are getting into a bit of bad shape and I would like to do something now before it is too late.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin where I can get books covered? I have seen books covered in hard laminant, which would be ideal.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

So you are looking for a bookbinders? Are you looking for a hard-bind?

You could get covers laminated to help prevent damage, that would be a much cheaper alternative!

Otherwise, getting them hard bound could be expensive. I'd want to really love a paperback before I'd do that!! In fact, it would probably be cheaper to just re-buy the paperbacks if they are still in print.

Search Google or the phone book for bookbinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 flinty34

Cheers r3nu4l, I think I am just looking to get them laminated, just to give them a little extra strength. I definitely don't want to get them hard bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

All the Wise Owl stores offer book covering for schoolbooks but would probably cover your books! I think it usually cost 1.15 per book but I could be wrong on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 flinty34

thanks a lot tomissex, there looks to be a wise owl very close to me, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Check and see is there a library suppliers near you. They would deal with huge orders, as well as single book orders and should be able to sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I use rolls of clear contact.You get it in decorating sections of hardware shops.You just have to take care when putting it on, as its very sticky.

Advertisement