Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade & Retro Repairs & Mods, all new recipe, with no added MSG...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Nothing like close some proximity to nuclear fusion to bring out the retrobrighters :)

ranger-enterprise-stiv.jpg

Nerd edit: Though that'd be the Enterprise is powered by fission not fusion

Nerd edit 2: and though it's supposed to be that's not the USS Enterprise, it's the USS Ranger, and isn't a nuclear wessel at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm looking for a couple of chips for some console mods, namely the Dreamcast Hybrid Bios & possibly some PS1 mod chips - anyone know the best place to pick them up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

These guys in Eurasia are good for that sort of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Can't beat the Russians when it comes to a bit of hardware that enables piracy! :pac:

Doge wrote: »
    Can't be the Russians when it comes to a bit of hardware that enables piracy! :pac:

Or gets rid of stupid region locks :)

• Advertisement

Nothing Dreamcast related there I can see :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Like I said, nothing amazing but here's the Amiga mods installed. There pretty small as Amiga addons go, so nice and neat.

nBDleo7.jpg

qWYY9iN.jpg

Bonus pic, inside the Arduboy :)

NZLaqd8.jpg

If anyone is setting up a new Amiga CF hard drive, make sure you do it in WinUAE on your computer. It's a million times faster and you can just copy files from your computer to the Amiga HDD.

Also(and this is why I mention it), you can take a disk image backup of the CF in case the worst happens. I badly messed up the setup last night and just restored the disk image and was good to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭smurf492

Steve X2 wrote:
    Like I said, nothing amazing but here's the Amiga mods installed. There pretty small as Amiga addons go, so nice and neat.

Jesus Steve, fair play... Do you have a run through of that mod...?

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Nerd edit 2: and though it's supposed to be that's not the USS Enterprise, it's the USS Ranger, and isn't a nuclear wessel at all!

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Nerd edit: Though that'd be the Enterprise is powered by fission not fusion

Whale song must have changed the timeline!! 😄

• Advertisement

smurf492 wrote: »
    Jesus Steve, fair play... Do you have a run through of that mod...?

Buy addons, plug addons in :)
    The hardware is the easy bit, the software requires a little tweaking though. I had a few issues with the scan doubler/flicker fixer that requires some head scratching to get the correct resolution.

Thanks Steve...Project for after the exams i think...

Fitting a region free bios to a Dreamcast, & pin 16 pad lifted. There's no trace going to it, and I can't find any info online as to what this pin does, where it goes, or if it's even needed...does anyone know if pin 16 has an alternate solder point, or even somewhere I can run a bypass?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Fitting a region free bios to a Dreamcast, & pin 16 pad lifted. There's no trace going to it, and I can't find any info online as to what this pin does, where it goes, or if it's even needed...does anyone know if pin 16 has an alternate solder point, or even somewhere I can run a bypass?

It's not used :)

Does anyone have any Dreamcast Region Free (Link83 Bios) chips spare they'd be willing to part with in exchange for something shiny?

Remember the midway rifle game on donedeal/adverts?

Sold for 65e at auction earlier.
    Guy wouldn't listen and turned down 150 a few times.

Remember the midway rifle game on donedeal/adverts?

Sold for 65e at auction earlier.
    Guy wouldn't listen and turned down 150 a few times.

Pmsl, idiot it was incomplete with no hope of ever finding spares. Probably got what it was Worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Least someone got it, hope it works out😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

eddhorse wrote: »
    Least someone got it, hope it works out😄

Hope it stays what it is now. Lovely old talking point, even if it'd only be "fun" for a while!

Is there any adaptor/modulator/dongle/thingimabob that can take an RF input(from a very old 70's console) and output via the usual RCA connections?
    I'm not looking to improve the video quality, I'm just looking to make it easier to connect an old console into my current retro video setup without resorting to tuning in a TV channel.

• Advertisement

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Is there any adaptor/modulator/dongle/thingimabob that can take an RF input(from a very old 70's console) and output via the usual RCA connections?
    I'm not looking to improve the video quality, I'm just looking to make it easier to connect an old console into my current retro video setup without resorting to tuning in a TV channel.

You can get them alright, possibly from the US. I saw one in this video i watched recently which is interesting:

Since you're too lazy to search yourself i took the pleasure of doing it for you! :D;)

Theres some on amazon which take both RCA and scart which is handy:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rca+rf+modulator&sprefix=Rca+rf%2Caps%2C130

Turns out the joke is on me! :D

Just realized I got it all backwards. They do indeed seem to be hardwr to find.

Heres an actual helpful post for once steve. An RF Demodulator with composite output is what you are looking for and they come in PAL and NTSC versions:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xrf+demodulator+composite.TRS0&_nkw=rf+demodulator+composite&_sacat=0

Not just mod the console to output AV ? RF is generated from the AV signals internally anyway :)

Not just mod the console to output AV ? RF is generated from the AV signals internally anyway :)

Philips G7000 Videopac. Pain in the bum mod :)

Was sent this pic, one of the guys on AO build a really tasty Jammacon/NES fixture for his cab

27362092774_fe6c54e256_b.jpg

Gorgeous...candys demand that level of coolness really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Wow that is tidy, looks like the whole cab is tidy though !!

Might do that for all my PCBs, JammaCon Snes etc.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Bloody gorgeous that is. Really neatly done. :cool:

Advertisement