Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to UK with Van will it pass MOT with KM speedo?

• 17-05-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Can anybody help me here? I found the thread that details how to import a van into Ireland but not the other way i.e registering an irish reg van in uk. Would my van pass an mot with a kilometer speedo or would i need to get it changed. Thats the real question as had a look on dvla website and they send u out a pack in order to convert to uk ownership but nothing about MOT.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think you'll need the speedo to show MPH as well, any Japanese imports i've seen for sale have had their speedos converted. That said, that may have to do with SVA rather than the MOT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

I'm not sure it matters (but its worth confirming officially).. I lived there for 20 or so years, and had mates import lots of cars from Germany etc. was never an issue for them (pretty sure they were all KPH).. My current L200 is MPH (from the UK), and no issues with the DOE test over here (not the same I know). Generally they have both, all you need is the scale, doesnt have to be the primary scale.

Advertisement