Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

free fixie creat

• 17-05-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

as the title says.
    i have a fixie create that i got for nothing off a friend that i have no use for what so ever.
    now since i have recieved some great advice on this site , and also received something for nothing from a boardsie from cork (jdt101) its time to give something back:D
    so anyone who is interested just reply to this , and ill do a draw to see who gets it.
    1-im based in dublin so you will have to collect it yourself
    2-its a 60cm frame so only reply if you would fit it
    3- i want someone to use it not just get it and sell it
    thats about it, good luck:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ciaranmc

sweetswing wrote: »
    as the title says.
    i have a fixie create that i got for nothing off a friend that i have no use for what so ever.
    now since i have recieved some great advice on this site , and also received something for nothing from a boardsie from cork (jdt101) its time to give something back:D
    so anyone who is interested just reply to this , and ill do a draw to see who gets it.
    1-im based in dublin so you will have to collect it yourself
    2-its a 60cm frame so only reply if you would fit it
    3- i want someone to use it not just get it and sell it
    thats about it, good luck:)

Hi

I would be interested in this. I'm in dublin

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ooh, 60cm:) I'm 6'2" so thats perfect.

Any chance of a flick or two(being really cheeky is an area of personal strength)?

Being straight with you I sometimes slag fixies but mainly because some people I know who ride them only do so because they think it substitutes for a personality:rolleyes: Like my iPod once I actually get one I suspect I'd love them. Would be perfect for trips to town, and you cant go wrong with coloured rims:p

In Dublin also but could meet within reasonable distance.

Thanks,
    Lethal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Hi,
    I'd be interested too. I'm 6'2" and in Cork and Dublin (interested in fun and friendship, maybe more:D).

By the way, this is a very cool idea. Might do the same myself once I build up a big enough parts bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭JMJR

Hey,
    thats a nice gesture. I would appreciate having my name in the draw- I am to build up a bike for eldest son and this do just fine.
    john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jimjam11

hey i thinks its a nice idea your doing this and i would greatly apreciate the bike! i would fit it perfectly and can get my mum to give me a lift where i need to collect :)

cheers jamie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Please add me. Very generous gesture!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bequick

Hi Sweetswing,

I am very interested in your offer and would love this bike to replace my stolen bike.
    Please also put my name in the hat for the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

That's very nice of you.

There's no point putting me down for it, I'm too small and have a fixie already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Wow, thatd be fantastic, my bike was nicked from college about two weeks ago, and Im stuck on the bus :(

Nice gesture though!
    Thanks.
    D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Count me in!

Fixie powerrrr! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

I don't have a great sob story about a recently stolen bike (thankfully) but at 6'3" a 60cm fixie would be a rare treat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

It's too big for me.

But I thought I would reply because this is the soundest thing I've seen in ages!

Fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Count Me in_will throw sumthin into the pot if im lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cillianowen

I am definately interested
    Cillian

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mr board

im in. thanks for the kind offer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

gaffmaster wrote: »
    It's too big for me.

But I thought I would reply because this is the soundest thing I've seen in ages!

Fair play!
    i got the idea off a guy on the golf section, he done something similar with a item of clothing.
    ill make the draw at 5pm tomorrow:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

So it's like names out of a hat? Count me in, I promised a non-boardsie friend of mine I'd help find him a cheap bike and free looks like just about as cheap as we're going to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Count me in please!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

Very generous of you!
    I want in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

I'm very interested in this and the size would be perfect, very kind of you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rugby52

very kind,count me in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Would love this but its too big as im only 5'8
    Fair play to you...nice gesture.
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

how mighty kind, count me in also please :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Count me in as well please, this is awesome, you sir are a gentlemen and a scholar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

Count me in too, another longshanks here that'd fit that frame and use it often.

Also, you should add pic to really send the win content of this thread through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

count me in - very generous thanks

neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mick5

Legend!! Count me in!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Errm, if I stood up in the pedals all the time I prolly still wouldn't fit...
    Like my iPod once I actually get one I suspect I'd love them.

So, when you go shopping for an iPod, try something decent instead like the Cowon iAudio range. No crap with itunes and MS Windows-only, supports linux, mac etc. Supports decent formats like ogg and flac as well as the likes of mp3 etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

:eek:
    Can I get in on this too please?
    I tick all relevant boxes and if the time comes when I may be finished with this bike, I'll pass it on in a similar manner....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Errm, if I stood up in the pedals all the time I prolly still wouldn't fit...

So, when you go shopping for an iPod, try something decent instead like the Cowon iAudio range. No crap with itunes and MS Windows-only, supports linux, mac etc. Supports decent formats like ogg and flac as well as the likes of mp3 etc...

This is quite OT but I was given it ans its geat purely for the net. On it right now:d

On topic, was looking at quicksilver dismounts. I like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ShevY

count me in please! would be a perfect for my brother!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Count me in please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

cdaly_ wrote: »
    You know, I think the iPod just may work on the Mac. Incidentally while I have had several mp3 players in my time the various iPods I have owned really do win on ease of use. I don't use iTunes either, I really don't like it. Drag and drop.

If you think you can tell the difference between FLAC and a high-bitrate mp3 and on a portable device, you have better ears than me... or you are deluding yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

blorg wrote: »
    If you think you can tell the difference between FLAC and a high-bitrate mp3 and on a portable device, you have better ears than me... or you are deluding yourself.
    Ah it's not about the quality on a portable device. For me it's about free / open formats rather than proprietary ones.

That said, flac is more suitable for archiving your music as it's a lossless format while mp3 and ogg are lossy. You can safely convert from flac to other formats while converting between lossy formats degrades quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'm aware of the value of FLAC, I have my CDs archived in that format.

LAME then transcodes to mp3 that take up less room on my portable device and are indistinguishable from the original.

mp3 may not technically be an open format but as a matter of practicality everything will play it. Ogg support on a portable device really isn't important to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Count me in please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

count me in too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭it's mick

me too please!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

AND THE WINNER IS "SUBLUMINAL" :D
    HARD LUCK EVERYONE
    WELL DONE SUBLUMINAL , ILL SEND YOU A PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Thanks to sweetswing for being such a good sport & well done to subliminal. Better start practicing your skids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Very good. Nice idea. If anyone else is gifting a bike to boardsies forget the lottery part and give it straight to me :D
    Well done sweetswing and subliminal

Have only just seen this now, am over the moon! Can't believe my luck! Thanks so much sweetswing, will give you a call in the morning as its 1am!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

SubLuminal wrote: »
    Have only just seen this now, am over the moon! Can't believe my luck! Thanks so much sweetswing, will give you a call in the morning as its 1am!

Damn you, it was meant to be mine :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mick5

Fair play!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Congrats SubLuminal

And cheers for the opportunity sweetswing!

Just wanted to extend a massive thanks to SweetSwing, met him today and picked up the bike and it looks great, nice create fixie, sound as a pound and I'm well chuffed. What can I say, I'm over the moon! Properly decent chap, he came and met me near where I live with the bike, what more could you ask for. Now its my turn to try and do some good things to pass on the good karma :)

Thanks again SweetSwing and sorry to everyone who didn't win

SL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pics of the bike please.

Advertisement