Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC?

• 17-05-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I'm moving house in cork city in the next 2 to 3 weeks and i currently have irish broadband 2mb breeze in the current houe. irish broadband have no coverage in the new house so was thinking of going with UPC since my new address has coverage. i will be renting so will this be issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'm moving house in cork city in the next 2 to 3 weeks and i currently have irish broadband 2mb breeze in the current houe. irish broadband have no coverage in the new house so was thinking of going with UPC since my new address has coverage. i will be renting so will this be issue?

Renting is not an issue. Lots of people rent and pay.

And even if UPC had any restrictions like this, you can just ask the landlord to get it installed and you pay him/her the monthly cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I rent and signed up to UPC no bother. They just ask for proof of your lease, either a letter from the letting agent or a copy of the fron page of your tenant agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Have the 30mb package. It is great. Great downlaod speeds and plenty of bandwidth to handle numerous devices at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

Thanks guy for the info. now i just need to decide whether i want to go with the 15mb or 30mb package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Thanks guy for the info. now i just need to decide whether i want to go with the 15mb or 30mb package

If you're oing wireless mainly then the 15Mb is probably best. I have the 30 and wireless G routers (what UPC and most laptops use) will only put through between 20-23Mbps. So 7Mb are wasted over wireless G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

NothingMan wrote: »
    If you're oing wireless mainly then the 15Mb is probably best. I have the 30 and wireless G routers (what UPC and most laptops use) will only put through between 20-23Mbps. So 7Mb are wasted over wireless G.

The Engineer came today to install but then told me it not avalible in the house i'm in. i now have no broadband and don't know what to do. i was very suprised it wasn't availible. can anyone else reccomend me broadband. i'll try irish broadband again to check availibility

Advertisement