Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5800 or X6?

Options
  • 17-05-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I'm finally ready to say goodbye to my 5230i which has served me gallantly for almost 5 years now. I was looking for a 5800 but was advised in another thread that the X6 would be a better choice.

nokia-5800-xpressmusic-1.jpgnokia-x6.jpg

I have roughly €200 to spend although, I might be willing to stretch this a small bit for the right phone. The only things I would really want on the phone would be GPS/Maps, WiFi & ability to use it for making skype calls. I have my 80GB iPod for music & a PSP for gaming, so I'm not too concerned on these fronts.

As far as I am aware, both the X6 & 5800 have GPS & WiFi, not sure about skype though. The 5 MP camera on the X6 gives it a slight edge but other than that I'm not sure if its worth the extra money. Obviously functionality & reliability are key, so feedback from anyone with experience of these phones is most welcome. I have a strong preference for a Nokia but any other suggestions are most welcome. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

X6 I used to have a 5800 but as above x6 has everything and more than the 5800

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FonezOnline

yes i agree with all that the nokia x6 is a much better phone than the nokia 5800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

never used an x6 but five minites with the 5800 was enough to turn me against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I just bought an X6 on adverts for €200, I'm picking it up tomorrow.

We shall see if its love at first sight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Everyone's different in their tastes, but the back of the X6 is flimsy as hell, very thin plastic. A new low in build quality for Nokia. The screen is lovely though, but for that price range, you'd expect a body that can withstand a bit of wear and tear\use.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Was that not a 6230i you had?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

kmart6 wrote: »
    Was that not a 6230i you had?!

You are 100% correct, my bad, didn't spot my error there. Its a mighty phone, I bought it off ebay about 5 years back now & it hasn't given me a days trouble. I've stuck my 02 sim in it now & am using it as a second phone, mainly for the purchase of pre-sale tickets.

I picked up the phone on Friday for €200 off adverts. Overall I'm impressed with the touch screen & the features on offer. The Sat Nav is particularly good. Amalgam, I am completely with you as far as the casing is concerned, it doesn't look like it can take any sort of beating. I had many a mishap with the 6230i & it withstood direct hits from concrete, brick, tar etc., like a champ. I'm just going to have to be more careful & maybe buy a decent cover.

Advertisement