Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long should we study now????

Options
  • 17-05-2010 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

any1 have next 3 weeks planned out??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

What ever you feel is satisfactory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 lcwat2do??

i dont reali know ta be honest,, wat u goin to do??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

It's not the length, it's the quality of the study. So it really depends on how your studying instead of how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

lcwat2do?? wrote: »

Keep to my routine but using the exam papers 90% of the time.

yaa i sapose thats true but exam papers arent great for all subjects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Cram cram cram, is my plan:/

what subjects u doin???

Geography, French, Biology,Construction, Irish, Maths English.

Think im screwed for Irish and Biology tho. One of those I will not be counting my points for:/

Geography,English Construction are my Higher Level, so I really need to try with them

ya biology is hard:(

Indeed:(

Don't know where to start:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Just papers papers papers, the questions are so so repetitive so doing the papers is just invaluable...Hopefully wont be eating my words on August 18th :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

biology is pretty hard, i reckon its cos its such a long course :(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

Cramp cramp cramp, is my plan:/

What the hell do you mean by cramp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

i think he/she ment cram:pac:

bmw535d wrote: »
    i think he/she ment cram:pac:

Nice spot!

Thanks heh

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

any1 have next 3 weeks planned out??
    Hi, lcwat2do??, welcome to Boards. Just a quick heads-up, this site has a "no txtspk" policy.

As to your question, that depends on how prepared you are right now. Ideally, you should be reviewing notes, quotes lists, prepared sample questions, etc.; perhaps looking at old papers and mentally reviewing the answers.

If you're in good shape, a few hours of focused study each day is plenty ... get some exercise, get plenty of sleep. You will do better if you aren't already exhausted starting the LC!

Obviously, those who aren't fully prepared will need to do more cramming ... still, quality rather than quantity should be the watchword. Frantically rooting through texts and notes in a panic won't actually achieve much ...
    dazco wrote: »
    What the hell do you mean by cramp?
    Brain cramp? :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I usually d around 3 hrs a day. When I Finish school im going to TRY and work to my class timetable so thats around 5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

once I finish school I plan on doing around 8 hours a day for the week or so before the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Have next two weeks timetabled :D it varys from from 5 - 9 hours per day, depending on the day! I think it depends on what subjects you take and what you have left to revise. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

gant0 wrote: »
    once I finish school I plan on doing around 8 hours a day for the week or so before the exams
    8 hours holy crap! u must b aiming for all A's;)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

madlad88 wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you study 8 hours. I'd put in 12 hours a day if I had the energy. It's 3 weeks of hard work but the reward is so much greater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

I plan on approaching this like I would storming a castle. Aim for the weak points right away, where I'm weakest at, while still holding a little bit of attention to where I feel comfortable. I stop studying when I can tell myself "I've been productive enough today"

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

madlad88 wrote: »
    Hah I wish...I'm doing 8 hours a day because I haven't really done all that much this year...still time tho,I hope:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

zoom! wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you study 8 hours. I'd put in 12 hours a day if I had the energy. It's 3 weeks of hard work but the reward is so much greater.
    I don't disagree with the point you're making, but remember doing the LC itself is extremely draining, emotionally and physically.

You want to be going into it with a little bit of fuel in the reserve tank! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I'm doing alot if study in school... During free classes I just go to whatever room is empty and just study away... Since art exams Are over I have 5 free classes a week not including Irish which is another 5. That makes 10. 10 x 40 gives me 2 hours and twenty minutes... That's just in school!!!

When I come home I begin studying after and hour to two hour relaxation. I stop at dinner resume till bed time. All in all I'm doing roughly 7 hours 30 minutes a day... And believe me most of this is getting work done. I only started revising at tge beginning of this week since I have most my stuff written up for most my subjects.. Just tackling the 2 Irish history books now and revising the American section in school... Oh adn I do a French comprehension every night and aural... Maths I'm doing foundation so I don't care i just do exam papers in school that's sufficient enough.

Omg... I still need to DO king Lear! Lol and here I am aiming for an A in English... Yeah aiming for Bs in history and Geo... As in art and English and hopefully a low B or high C for French... I don't care about maths a D will suffice.

****... I need to work harder! XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

I'm doing 6 hours a today on average, might drop down to 5 every now and then. All my friends are calling me a freak but I'm not confident in the slightest, I still have to go over ALL my English literature, ALL the Irish, learn off most the History essays, and understand Maths, I've failed my last 3 Maths exams (Mocks Christmas and 4th year Summer) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

dyeti wrote: »
    I'm doing 6 hours a today on average, might drop down to 5 every now and then. All my friends are calling me a freak but I'm not confident in the slightest, I still have to go over ALL my English literature, ALL the Irish, learn off most the History essays, and understand Maths, I've failed my last 3 Maths exams (Mocks Christmas and 4th year Summer) :D

I'm exactly tge same. We are in tge same boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'm only doing 2hrs 30 at home at most every night- when we get let off school obv I'll do a bit more but I certainly dont plan on doing 8 hours, thats a bit insane. Plus, I've no need to go doing that, I know where I stand with the various subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

gant0 wrote: »
    Hah I wish...I'm doing 8 hours a day because I haven't really done all that much this year...still time tho,I hope:rolleyes:
    Ye well when u put it that way then.... i guess i should be doin at least 8 hours a day but its not going to happen :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 65516

ive worked so hard all through 5th year and the start of 6th year but since after the mocks if kinda taken the foot of the pedal!
    school is such a waist of time were gettin no revision done so im gona take 2 days off this week to study at home.. but i'm just so tired my brain acc feels heavy in my head! :( next 3 weeks are make or break so hopefully my head will stop its crap soon!!

Advertisement