Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of The Week #58 - Carcass - Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious

Options
  • 17-05-2010 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the latest album of the week. Having finished behind Deftones last week, Carcass stormed out ahead of Apocalyptica. Here's the breakdown of the votes. As usual, only albums with more than one vote are listed.

Band
    |
    Album
    |
    Vote Count

Iron Maiden|Piece of Mind|2
    Explosions In The Sky|The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place|2
    Apocalyptica|Worlds Collide|3
    Alcest|Écailles De Lune|3
    Carcass|Necroticism – Descanting the Insalubrious|6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Didn't see the vote but if I had it would have been a no brainer. A monster of an album, I can still remember the first time I seen the video for 'Incarnated Solvent Abuse', on Raw Power or ??? (bad memory). I never knew bin liners could be so twisted.

Seen em in the Tivoli and Perth more recently, pure mayhem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fantastic album, unreal! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Great record alright, one of their best. The vocals are so sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Excellent, One of my favourite Carcass Albums:D

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Absolutely blew my mind when I first picked it up all those years ago. A classic among classics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

Classic Death metal album, 'Corporeal Jigsore Quandary' is one of the best songs of the genre. Carcass are the band so many others have failed to live up to. Their lyrics 'slice and dice' me every time :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

fartmaster wrote: »
    Classic Death metal album, 'Corporeal Jigsore Quandary' is one of the best songs of the genre. Carcass are the band so many others have failed to live up to. Their lyrics 'slice and dice' me every time :pac:

That is my favourite song, and what good times when i first heard it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Exhume to consume is a class song too from Symphonies. Has anyone heard the version from John Peel in Grind Madness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

That is my favourite song, and what good times when i first heard it!

aye classic song and even the band themselves label the album Death metal and not some sub genre like grindcore

Advertisement