Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chamois cream

• 17-05-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to buy really small tubes of chamois cream to take with you when out on long spins?

I have spent hours trying to force it into small tubes etc. just to end up in a right royal mess!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

If there's a female in your house, there is bound to be many small tins of Vaseline Lip Therapy under the same roof, just clean it out and bingo ... perfect size and stays closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

Murph100 wrote: »
    If there's a female in your house, there is bound to be many small tins of Vaseline Lip Therapy under the same roof, just clean it out and bingo ... perfect size and stays closed.
    good idea Murph,i done that Tour de cure the other week,i was my first 100k cycle and i found not having cream was the only real prob i had cheers!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Chamois cream should not need to be reapplied.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Lumen wrote: »
    +1 It goes on the inside of your shorts/ tights, not the outside ;)

DFD*

*DelicatelyFonduedDerriere.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

+1 It goes on the inside of your shorts/ tights, not the outside ;)

DFD*

*DelicatelyFonduedDerriere.

I had always thought that it should never need to be reapplied but after about four hours in the saddle i find that it starts to wear off and a quick reapplication is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I had always thought that it should never need to be reapplied but after about four hours in the saddle i find that it starts to wear off and a quick reapplication is needed.

COuld be down to the following:
    1) Poor chamois (I have various shorts for various distances)
    2) Poor cream (I recomend assos from CRC)
    3) Poor aplication (don't skimp)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Perhaps trying a different cream would help? I've 'successfully' used DZ Nuts.

DFD*.

*DermatologicallyFreshDefence

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That thanks was just for the backronym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Is there a shortage at the moment? None to be got in Dundalk for the last month. Bike shop said to try Sudocrem from the chemist. Does the job so far for me and I think it will work out a lot cheaper as well.

Comes in various sizes, you could easily carry the small one with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

Is there a shortage at the moment? None to be got in Dundalk for the last month. Bike shop said to try Sudocrem from the chemist. Does the job so far for me and I think it will work out a lot cheaper as well.

Comes in various sizes, you could easily carry the small one with you.
    i use assos myself,i get it in the cycle susperstore,but at times that i have ran out i have used e45 cream and it did the job grand..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

assos do a small pot of cream , it comes with there shorts .

i like the assos find it cooling ,i ran out and bought some relief by agu sport ,its a bit lite in texture and gets absorbed quickly .

jwshooter wrote: »
    assos do a small pot of cream , it comes with there shorts .

i like the assos find it cooling ,i ran out and bought some relief by agu sport ,its a bit lite in texture and gets absorbed quickly .

The agu in the pot is OK, I use it every evening on my cycle home but the stuff in the tube is complete muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I have the little (free) pot of Assos as well as Udderly Smooth chamois cream and, while I may be wrong, I think they smell and feel exactly like E45 cream. On this scientific basis, you can buy a 50g tube of E45 which should fit nicely into a back pocket.

Although I am with Lumen, one application should be enough, otherwise there may be another problem you are not treating.

The agu in the pot is OK, I use it every evening on my cycle home but the stuff in the tube is complete muck.
    its the tube i have :rolleyes:

jwshooter wrote: »
    its the tube i have :rolleyes:

Someone else here recommended assos to me and since then I haven't found anything better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Granted in most cases, however 5 hours + of cycling in the pouring rain can wash away most chamois creams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I have used Udderly Smooth and DZ Nuts.

Highly recommend DZ Nuts. Use it for long rides particularly in the wet. As the man says protect your junk - lube em or lose em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

udderlly budderly for me (cow cream or whatever its called ) cant say ive seen the need to reapply if i have a sore arse its usually my shorts

noticed my endura pro fs 260 shorts dont have the distance comfort they used to

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

ROK ON wrote: »
    I have used Udderly Smooth and DZ Nuts.

Highly recommend DZ Nuts. Use it for long rides particularly in the wet. As the man says protect your junk - lube em or lose em.

I have searched the net, where do you get the DZ nuts from without paying rip off postage charges? Wiggle don't sell it any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

I have found that after 2-300km, it can be worth a second smear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The Assos stuff in PBK's weekly offers this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

vaseline.jpg

the bike shop wx have assos .E 15 a jar

Advertisement