Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoulder Bag/ Hand Bag

• 17-05-2010 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get a large-ish sized bag. One that I can put on my shoulder.

I'm looking for a light colour (beige, cream, white etc).

I'd like something plain, however, I am open to different ideas.

It's for daily use, and 2 A4 pads, 1 A4 folder, 1 small pencil case and 2-3 copies will need to fit in the bag.

The budget is €100 (including shipping, if I buy online).

I am based in Mullingar and cannot travel anywhere (no car!) and I can buy online if needed.

What do you all suggest?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Can anyone help please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I got a nice cream handbag in awear recently, dont see it on their site, its big enough for the a4 notepads but probably not the folder. (im picking it up and down here and analysing it like a fool trying to figure out if it would fit an a4 folder - maybe a small 1 but not 1 of the thick binders..)

jellie wrote: »
    I got a nice cream handbag in awear recently, dont see it on their site, its big enough for the a4 notepads but probably not the folder. (im picking it up and down here and analysing it like a fool trying to figure out if it would fit an a4 folder - maybe a small 1 but not 1 of the thick binders..)
    Thank you.

I don't mean a binder. The folder type I am talking about are like these (I just realized I have two folders, not one like previously mentioned!)

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=00744935#

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=00613439#

It doesn't matter if the folders stick out of the top of the bag, just so long as they fit in someway.

i took a pic of the bag for you! :) (im a bit bored!)
    114333.jpg

i took a pic of the bag for you! :) (im a bit bored!)
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/46086/114333.jpg
    It's beautiful!

Thank you so much for the pic!

That's the exact style bag I am looking for!

Do you mind me asking, which A-wear store did you get it in? And what is the style name/number of the bag? Also, was it expensive?

I might ring one of the A-wear stores and if they have it, I'll buy it over the phone!

• Advertisement

it was a present so im not sure about the store but i think it was probably dunlaoghaire. unfortunately i cant find any style number on the tag inside the bag with is weird :/ it was only recently though, it was given to me last week so it cant be that long ago. its not on their website so its either so new they havent put it up or its old.. sorry for the lack of info! :/

it was a present so im not sure about the store but i think it was probably dunlaoghaire. unfortunately i cant find any style number on the tag inside the bag with is weird :/ it was only recently though, it was given to me last week so it cant be that long ago. its not on their website so its either so new they havent put it up or its old.. sorry for the lack of info! :/
    Thank you.

No worries about the info. I'll call them and describe the bag and hopefully they can help me.

Thank you again for your help. I appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I got this bag in New Look yesterday, it's a lovely bag, holds loads but isn't too heavy. It has the shoulder straps and the longer strap that can be detached if necessary.

I phoned various A|Wear in Liffey Valley and Dundrum and only Liffey Valley knew the bag I was talking about.

The don't have the cream in stock only a mink/pink colour. It is €20 euros.

The store in Dundrum didn't know what bag I was talking about, the girl said the only bag they had in stock which was similar to my description was a white bag with studs all over and i was €25 euros.

Does anyone have any idea of the style name or number that could help me please?

Thanks.
    I got this bag in New Look yesterday, it's a lovely bag, holds loads but isn't too heavy. It has the shoulder straps and the longer strap that can be detached if necessary.
    Thank you for the link.

I am not too keen on the bag as it has a tassle and some pockets/pouches, which I don't want lol.
    Thank you, but I'm also not keen on this bag.

Thank you both for the recommendations though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Have a look in TK Max they had lovely soft leather beige bags similar to the one from awear posted but leather. Think they were 80ish which is pretty good for that amount of leather:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

why dont you email the customer services or the head office and ask them?
    did u get the barcode number from the girl in liffey valley???
    you could also email the picture of the bag jellie posted, i hope you find it!!

chocgirl wrote: »
    Have a look in TK Max they had lovely soft leather beige bags similar to the one from awear posted but leather. Think they were 80ish which is pretty good for that amount of leather
    There is no TK Max where I live, unfortunately.
    hanner wrote: »
    why dont you email the customer services or the head office and ask them?
    did u get the barcode number from the girl in liffey valley???
    you could also email the picture of the bag jellie posted, i hope you find it!!
    Thank you, I never thought of that. I will email them now.

No, I forgot to ask the girl for the barcode.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will email them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I was going to suggest TK Maxx as well. You cant beat them for value and you will pick up a much higher quality bag there. One of the brands they stock is Marc B which have funky, practical bags.

heres one on ebay - they are usually priced at €25-ish in TK Maxx so this is a bit more expensive.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Marc-B-Topshop-Grey-Quilted-Tote-Bag-BNWT-RRP-45-/250624052828?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Women_s_Bags&hash=item3a5a5b8e5c

you could get the style no off the shop that had the bag in the wrong colour?

i really hope the bag suits now after all the hassle youre going to :/ im afraid itll be too small or something!

ams wrote: »
    I was going to suggest TK Maxx as well. You cant beat them for value and you will pick up a much higher quality bag there. One of the brands they stock is Marc B which have funky, practical bags.

heres one on ebay - they are usually priced at €25-ish in TK Maxx so this is a bit more expensive.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Marc-B-Topshop-Grey-Quilted-Tote-Bag-BNWT-RRP-45-/250624052828?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Women_s_Bags&hash=item3a5a5b8e5c
    Thank you for this.

I would lvoe to visit TK Max as I have heard of so many bargains there. It's a shame there isn't a TX Max where I live.

Mind you, there aren't many high-street stores (A|Wear, Topshop, Bay etc) where I live.
    you could get the style no off the shop that had the bag in the wrong colour?

i really hope the bag suits now after all the hassle youre going to :/ im afraid itll be too small or something!
    True, I will phone her in a few minutes and see if she can help me. Thank you for your suggestion.

Even if it is too small, I will be keeping it and using it as a handbag. It's beautiful. I've seen a good few different handbags, none of which I have particularly liked, this is the only one which I have actually thought about buying it lol!:o

PS: Sorry if I rambled!

I phoned A|Wear again and no-one answered the phone, so I will try them again tomorrow and see if I can get anywhere.

Also, I spotted this bag in town today, and I like it, but I am unsure if it's for my age-group and also if it's in fashion? I don't want something dated/too grown up for me etc lol.

I'm 19 btw.

I'll post links as the pics are too big in pixel size.

This is the front of the bag:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/246055/114674.jpg

And this is the back of the bag:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/246055/114675.jpg

As you can see from the pics, there is some nice detailing on the top of the bag.

What do you think of it?

Thanks!

Sorry, the photos aren't great quality, they were taken on my camera phone.

Can anyone help with opinions of the bag I posted photos of please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Bluebell55

Hi Purple Bobbin,

I have that bag from A-wear- I got it about eight weeks ago, so it could well be out of the shop- can't help you with any style numbers either- there seems to be none attached to the bag. I was in an Awear store today, and they didn't have it- it's probably sold.

As for the bag you posted, It's a lovely bag- I'm 23 and I would probably say it's a bit too "grown up" for me... They are some lovely beige bags in TopShop at the minute, but keep an eye on Awear- they usually have stock coming in quite often, and are a great bargain!!

Bluebell55 wrote: »
    Hi Purple Bobbin,

I have that bag from A-wear- I got it about eight weeks ago, so it could well be out of the shop- can't help you with any style numbers either- there seems to be none attached to the bag. I was in an Awear store today, and they didn't have it- it's probably sold.

As for the bag you posted, It's a lovely bag- I'm 23 and I would probably say it's a bit too "grown up" for me... They are some lovely beige bags in TopShop at the minute, but keep an eye on Awear- they usually have stock coming in quite often, and are a great bargain!!
    Hi Bluebell55,

Thank you for your comment.

I tried phoning A|Wear again and couldn't get through, although as you said you got the bag eight weeks ago, I will assume it is no 'old stock' and no more will be available. :(

Thank you for your comment on the bag I posted photos of. That's what I was afraid of, it looking to 'grown up' for me.

I did buy the bag as it was the last one they had in stock (of that particular style), but I will take it back for a refund.

Thank you for your comment/help, I appreciate it.

I will keep looking for a bag and hopefully I'll find one soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I wouldn't have said it was too "grown-up" a bag. If you like it then use it! Who cares if it's in fashion or too "old" for you? As long as you like it! :)

shellyboo wrote: »
    I wouldn't have said it was too "grown-up" a bag. If you like it then use it! Who cares if it's in fashion or too "old" for you? As long as you like it! :)
    Thank you for your comment.

I do like the bag, but I know if I think/feel it's too grown-up for me, then I won't use it much lol.

It cost €50 euro, so I want to get the use out of it lol rather than have it sitting in the wardrobe unused.

Hopefully I'll find a bag soon.

What about this bag? Is it suitable for a 19 year old female?

Cracked Leather Shopper

Thanks.

Any opinions on the above link please people?

Thanks!

its nice but i liked the other 1 too. dont worry about whats "suitable" for a 19 year old, get something that you like :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I don't like it. As for whether it is suitable for a 19 year old female? Well, do you like it? That's all that matters really. I never look at a bag and think, 'Oh, is this suitable for someone my age?' If you like the bag, buy it. It is just a bag after all.

its nice but i liked the other 1 too. dont worry about whats "suitable" for a 19 year old, get something that you like :)
    Thank you.
    janeybabe wrote: »
    I don't like it. As for whether it is suitable for a 19 year old female? Well, do you like it? That's all that matters really. I never look at a bag and think, 'Oh, is this suitable for someone my age?' If you like the bag, buy it. It is just a bag after all.
    Yes, I do like it.

The reason I ask for opinions is because I am useless when it comes to fashion/style et and I don't want something that is too 'grown up' for me, cos I am 19 so want to dress/accessorize for my age and not like a 'mature' (for want of a better word) female.

Thank you for your opinions/comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm saving up for this one at the mo.

It has plenty of space and feels like buttery leather even though it's not leather, not cream but the mink is fairly light in colour.

http://www.warehouse.co.uk/zip-&-pockets-eyelet-bag/Bags-&-Purses/warehouse/fcp-product/301677

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'm saving up for this one at the mo.

It has plenty of space and feels like buttery leather even though it's not leather, not cream but the mink is fairly light in colour.

http://www.warehouse.co.uk/zip-&-pockets-eyelet-bag/Bags-&-Purses/warehouse/fcp-product/301677
    Thank you.

Is Mink a Pink(ish) colour? Cos I was looking at White/Cream/Beige so it could be worn with more outfits. I don't want to buy a bag and then only be able to wear it with certain colours etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement