Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skehard Road Development

Options
  • 17-05-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering does anyone know what the development that has been built on on the Skehard Road is. If you're coming from the Well Road side it's on the right half way down where the recycling banks used to be. I'm just curious really!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

AFAIK, it's the affordable homes scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

There's private housing there alright but there is a strange looking building that looks like it could be a nursing home/hospital/some kind of residental facility that is staffed?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, it's affordable housing. The grounds used belong to the corporation. I've noticed that building and wondered if it was a community centre or something. I've been meaning to have a nose around in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

If you go for a walk around the park beside it you can have a good gander, they've finally tidied up around the bottle banks alright, looking well now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

the big building is sheltered accommodation,according to an old thread on ask about money,
    i think this generally refers to the elderly,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

bladebrew wrote: »
    the big building is sheltered accommodation,according to an old thread on ask about money,
    i think this generally refers to the elderly,

Apparently it's Abode. They've moved from Mahon to there.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

aaaah thanks! Wonder why they moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭munstercork

That building is the new Abode centre

Advertisement